best site for a3 8l 1.6L performance parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

09jaket

Reaction score
hi
can you let me know of the best sites to find performance parts for the a3 8l 1.6L ? ?
thanks

best place to find performance engine parts, decats etc for the 1.6l engine

I hate to say it mate, but I don't think there is much available.

Nothing really can be done to the 1.6 engine, and even if it could, it's not really worth it.

Suspension can be changed same as a 1.8T though, and if you're wanting to do brake upgrades you'll need 1.8T hubs as well

all iv done to mine is pipercross panel filter from demon tweeks and JOM coilovers from dpm performance, i did get a backbox from ebay but i didnt like it so put an original back on.

put some carbs on it is your best bet probaby give you an extra 30bhp ish

If you have a 1.6 A3 due to being young and uninsurable then I would just put up with the performance you have, fit some cheap coil overs and bigger wheels and drive around in it until you can afford to insure a 1.8t A3... then start tuning... any performance 'gain' seen from a NA engine like the 1.6 in the A3 will be negligible and expensive...

<tuffty/>

If you have a 1.6 A3 due to being young and uninsurable then I would just put up with the performance you have, fit some cheap coil overs and bigger wheels and drive around in it until you can afford to insure a 1.8t A3... then start tuning... any performance 'gain' seen from a NA engine like the 1.6 in the A3 will be negligible and expensive...

<tuffty/>

Agree with the above. As said wont find performance parts that make a difference fella. 1.6 N/A not a tuning car. As said probably just put a set of alloys and lower her...Or if you got the money and dont mind the insurance engine conversion :) and make her unique :)

<tuffty/>
thats exactly what i did heres my old 1.6
2300-1-6-snow.jpg

2297-1-6snow2.jpg

U want to make my 1.6 faster but no point so at the moment just making up for it by making it look better. May even get an engine change. 400pound for everything at my local breakers. Was tempted. But thought fitting costs lol. Just get a good air filter or custom exhaust system mate

ok chhers guys. ive got a k&n panel filter fitted and a full milltek exhaust, have custom made a front bumper and waiting on rear and skirts.

I have a 1.6 and im thinking about a engine swap!!! How do i go about doing it? also what engines will be a straight swap? cheers :laugh:

An engine swap simply isn't worth it, nor are any "performance" upgrades on the 1.6. There is a video on YouTube of a 1.6 with a turbo though, approx 160bhp it said I believe.

If you swapped the engine you'd have to upgrade the brakes ideally and it would be cheaper to just get a 1.8T in the first place. Also insurance will be far more for a 1.6 with 1.8t engine in as opposed to an original 1.8t.

Its far more sensible just buying a 1.8T than trying to convert one.

Not only will the conversion cost far more than you think by the time you've collected all the bits and bobs your missing, it will then be much more difficult and more expensive to insure as a lot of companies dont like engine conversions.

When we baught our first A4, i vowed i wasnt going to modify it in any way that the stuff couldnt be removed again. The reason was simple, I wanted a quattro, and realised modifying a FWD car was a waste of money. We had it around 18 months just doing little bits and bobs to it as well as routine maintenance, before finally selling it and buying a quattro.

Same thing needs to be done here. Any changes you make, ensure they can be easily transferred onto the new better car you will eventually buy.

Completely agree with the others. It's just money down the drain, you might as well put the money you could spend on it to one side and use it towards a 1.8t/S3 when insurance is more realistic (assuming that's the issue here).
My first car was a 1ltr 3 cylinder Corsa. I spent big money doing allsorts to it, eventually transplanting the 2tr 16v C20XE Astra engine in. Stupidest idea of my life, it destroyed cv joints, handled terrible and eventually cracked it's cylinder head. I sold it broken for next to nothing and lost a fortune. I ended up buying a Clio 172 for not much more than I paid for the engine/brakes/suspension on the Corsa and it was in a whole different league.
Moral of the story if you want to go fast, buy a car that was meant to be fast in the first place.

Reactions: TrevorG
im now looking to but a 2000 s3 as all my custom parts from my a3 will be transferrable onto it and will be alot easier to modify/tune etc :D

So you're selling the 1.6?

It depends what company you insure your car after engine conversion. 1.6 ---> 2.3 will cost me practically nothing, lol But I'm 31.
Even conversion as I can do it by my own.

Millitek exhaust??? Hmm How it has been fitted onto 1.6 Can you explain?? Unless it was custom made one.

Completely agree with the others. It's just money down the drain, you might as well put the money you could spend on it to one side and use it towards a 1.8t/S3 when insurance is more realistic (assuming that's the issue here).
My first car was a 1ltr 3 cylinder Corsa. I spent big money doing allsorts to it, eventually transplanting the 2tr 16v C20XE Astra engine in. Stupidest idea of my life, it destroyed cv joints, handled terrible and eventually cracked it's cylinder head. I sold it broken for next to nothing and lost a fortune. I ended up buying a Clio 172 for not much more than I paid for the engine/brakes/suspension on the Corsa and it was in a whole different league.
Moral of the story if you want to go fast, buy a car that was meant to be fast in the first place.
same boat lol, still got the c20xe head n bits on top of my wardrobe, was stooped but very very very fun (and totally dangerous speed) lol

as a rule never convert a car to one you can just go out and buy.

if you want to go about modifying your 1.6..... consentrate on the handling/wheels/tyres so you dont have to slow down for corners. also save all your old bits to refit them when it comes to selling yours. as selling as a modified car, your vastly reducing the amount of people that would be interested in buying it, and would most likely be worth less than a standard one because of it. so returning it to standard come selling time makes an awful lot of sence.
plus they'll all be transfereable to a 1.8t!

also with all the mods to how it looks, try to remember...... "i will be putting this back to standard in a year/2 years, with that in mind, is there really any point?" as bodywork mods are guna be harder to return to standard and any transfereable stuff you might have to have repainted to whatever colour the new car is guna be.

Question is: Do you want to sell it once moded or not???

It is obvious that every single mod done on your car it is for you, not for people who want to buy it.

And also every car has got potential buyer whatever price/mods done it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.