What colour for my wheels? bbs rs2

s3 Hoggy

Whats going on???
Reaction score
Right then guys the winter has taken its toll on my BBS's so I'm going to refurbish them over the next month. This weekend I will be refitting my RSTT's, before removing the tyres and stripping down the wheels.
My question is should I keep them silver with polished lips or do something else with them?

This is how they looked in august not too bad with some corrosion inside the wheels (cant be seen in this pic)

DSC_0206-1.jpg

How they look now!!!!

c52ca6b0.jpg

Ok its mostly dust and mud but I'm bored and fancy a bit of a project.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome,

Cheers Matt

I'd say keep the polished lips and do something to the centre. Well that what im doing with my BBS getting the lips polished and colour coding the centres the same colour as my car but with a bit more flake and maybe add another colour so they dont just blend in with the rest of my car.
Want them to stand out a bit.

P.s fella hows the rest of your car looking? Those alloys are stinking lol:laugh::happy: I do like them though
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
P.s fella hows the rest of your car looking? Those alloys are stinking lol:laugh::happy: I do like them though
:thumbsup:

Haha well my van broke down so had to take my car to a muddy building site twice! The rest of the car looks like this

b7781dd3.jpg

8dcf0abc.jpg

She's not been washed for 3 weeks so looking forward to the weekend to have a good cleaning session!

I like your Idea only probs is my car is otherwise a standard looking S3 think it might look silly going too mad on the wheels?

Haha well my van broke down so had to take my car to a muddy building site twice! The rest of the car looks like this

b7781dd3.jpg

8dcf0abc.jpg

She's not been washed for 3 weeks so looking forward to the weekend to have a good cleaning session!

I like your Idea only probs is my car is otherwise a standard looking S3 think it might look silly going too mad on the wheels?

Haha feel for you fella mine was stinking up till yesterday when i had enough lol
I wouldnt let that put you off, most S3 8L you see modded these days look standard and just have a nice drop and some nice alloys on. And maybe different coloured wing mirrors, roofs and alloys lol.
I think it would be a nice finish and make the car standard that little bit more:happy: Plus i think it look sweet on your car

You dirty boy!!!!

Keep them as they are mate, look really good standard mate.

interested to see how you get on spliting these , had a quote for refurb £140 a rim, gun metal centres and bright silver paint rims , told and read horror stories about the bolts shearing and the centres stripping out needing the bolt drilling out same place quoted £80 if i split and re-assembled them

i decided against two colours as the rims not really wide enough to carry it off , polished should be ok but didn't want that on a daily , i the end i picked up a spare to replace the bad one i had, it is mint never been on road was the spareebay £145. two of my others are very good and the other is going around the bolts but i'll get another year out of them before refurb

get a cheap new look fit different centres mine are carbon (dont think it real )

best oem wheels on an 8L IMO

P5120341.jpg

P5120336.jpg

Rob

You dirty boy!!!!

Keep them as they are mate, look really good standard mate.

Haha I can honestly say I'm ashamed of my self! She's never been this dirty!

On the flip side my family are proud of me for letting it get dirty for once

Carpy my dads an engineer he's gunna help me strip them down, going to soak the bolts in penetrating fluid and hope for the best! If all goes well I'll be getting them shot blasted maybe next weekend.
I'll take pics as I go and update this thread