slick 50......good or pants!!!

rkids666

Reaction score
hi all,just brought my first ever audi s3 225,1.8turbo on a 52 plate and i love it :) its just done 100,000miles and has full audi dealer history,im wondering if its safe to use/put a bottle of slick 50 into the engine oil.ive read lots of mixed views on the subject,some good,some bad!!basically im wanting to know if it will have any nasty affect on the turbo/****** it up??
anyone who has some honest views/advice for me id be very thankfull!!

I wouldn't use it on a modern engine i have however been considering the gearbox treatment... reason behind this is,,, years ago , about 20 actually when i used to soup up minis i once treated a mini engine to Slick 50 .. now as you may or maynot know the mini gearbox actually sits inside the sump of the engine, the gearbox is the actuall sump if you get me and they share the same oil... mad idea i know but it seemed to work .. anyway after the treatment the gear changes became much easier and smoother .... mini gearboxes do tend to be quite loud and it quietened it down a tad too... so unless people have heard of horror stories for gearboxes ????

nice one folks,you have pretty much confirmed all that i thought,cheers for the advice.

When i first got my s3, i drained the oil, filled up with some cheap oil, run for 30 mins the drained it agin. The removed the sump and cleaned the oil pick up and put back together. Refill with shell helix ultra. Change oil every 5000 miles and its never black and wrank.