seriously !

20v-turbo

Reaction score
hey , right im currently hunting for monobloks or amg alloys, i have 20 mm adapters ready for use :)

but google is fuxxing useless, ive tried finding out whos put merc wheels on a a3 8l but nothing comes up allways comes up with crap and it does my fuxxing nut in

could anyone here please help by posting pics of a3 8l with merc alloys and put the offset, spacers and widths please

cause atm im running 8j et 35 and the clearance to the shok is tiny bout 2mm maybee ol

so i need to know what offset alloys can i buy, and what widths

cause the new wheels must be at least 8.5j

please can anyone help me :( i dnt care if its gt poke as im putting 225s on to stretch

from first principles:

your spacers in effect lower the offset by 20, so if you fitted some 8J ET55 wheels, with your adaptors, you'd have a setup thats exactly the same as you have now.

Going up to 8.5" adds 6.25mm more wheel at both sides, ie reducing clearance to the shock by 6.25mm, to counter this you need to lower the offset by an equivalent amount.

So, 8.5" rims at ET48, with your 20mm adaptors, gives you an offset of ET28, and more or less identical shock clearance to what you have now, but with the rim sticking out half an inch more than the 8J rims.

In my limited experience of Merc rims, they tend to have much lower offsets than ET48, more like ET30, which with your adaptors your going to end up with ET10, meaning your wheel will be sticking out an inch and a half more than your existing wheels, and as a result will look ridiculous.

here's a few pics of mine from when it was on merc wheels. These were 8.5x18's, i THINK ET48 using 25mm adaptors so ET23, Although I'm not sure on the offset, as I didn't have the wheels off the previous owner when I bought the car:

617fd545.jpg

c2cba383.jpg

2b98a0d4.jpg

haha, yea, they were pretty pimp.

The guy wanted £4500 for the car with the wheels, HID's, coilies, and a few other bits.

i ended up paying £3400 for it without the wheels. they were nice, but not really in keeping with the OEM+ look I prefer.

Did have some serious presence with them on though!

thanks, but prawn those wheels are epic mate :p well nice

i want poke on my car so if i get it to arround the offset on 20 overall it shud be ok,, cheers

i think ive found a set im willing to go for, not mercs though their sumat else, but im going to buy the set as 5x112 as then ill be able to get some spacing lol

their 8.5s x 18s and an offset of 45 so they should then be et 25 with the spacers giving me 10 mm which is spot on fr the frn and i might need diffo set fr the rears

this is how it sits now (bit high in the frnt due to anti roll bar rubbing and arches need rolling lol

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1360.snc4/163235_10150095268146165_707541164_6206310_3811043_n.jpg

Satin black? very brave my man, but I like it! not seen a satin 8L before!

Paint work on my track car is a little tatty at the mo, so that'll be going satin black at some point in the future, with 8c6 orange wheels :)

i had no choice with the paint tbh im a budget modder as i gt my mk2 golf vr6 as a project aswell

the audi had a dent in door :/ cracks in bumper nd then few deep scratches and it was bringing me down, local sprayers wanted 800 pounds fr a respray, so i decided sod it 50 quids wrth of paint and a weekend later it came out satin, and im well chuffed on the finish tbh, not finished yet, going for some more flatting and more coats in february befre UD i did this colour as i want to be diffeerent :p

but i borrowed my mates rotiforms today and .......
180006_10150096354111165_707541164_6218844_5028004_n.jpg