Battery on the way out...know any good ones?

S3 Rav

Reaction score
As the title suggests really. Battery appears to be on the way out. Have had to put it on charge twice in the past month! Does anyone know what makes are good and what to look out for and also what sort of prices I should be looking at.
Many thanks. :think:

Does anyone know where the best place would be to get one?

Mine needed a new one when I first purchased it. Went with a silver top from Bosch. Halfords price - £118. Halfords trade card price, £65!

See if any friends have trade cards Rav!

Thanks for that jd. Yea have just been on halfrauds website and they quite expensive. Will ask some friends to see who I could ask as a cheeky favour.

Another vote for Bosch Silver - have them in all 3 of my cars, and got them from GSF. Simples!

I've also had two Bosch batteries replaced under warranty - no quibble, new battery.

i had a varta replaced with no quibble and was basically my fault for not driving the car for 6 months. its the cold crank (or start up as halfords call it you want). the higher, the better. higher one are often called 'heavy duty'. The reality is, if it has a guarantee then it will be fine. I would ring everyone in your area in yellow pages as prices fluctuate massively. halfords were at least 20% more than the garages.

i got a bosch silver top s4 cat... got mine from euro car parts £65 about a month ago

i got a Audi one on mine. its 5 yeas old (sticker on the back with date on it for warrenty) still green, starts first time even during the ice/snow.

not sure on price

Rav

Theres a couple of places in Brum, the battery shop and battery factory shop, just google them, should come up with the info you need and they are or used to be really good on prices.

Also you could try TPS and see what they can do for you.

Cheers for the info guys. Car still struggled to start this morning after a whole night of charging so I had to act quick. Went down the local gsf and got a Bosch silver for £65. No problems. Cheers for the useful info chaps.

Thats a good price dude, and its sorted now hopefully, nice one :)

Hmmm, I want to know what I bought now, size wise... As the battery was definitely over a ton, but the trade card brought it down to £65 ish...

Unless it's just Halfraud's usual rip off prices.