EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

temp gauge not working :(

Hi guys after abit of help before i start tracing wires, my car went in for a stage 2 map and they noticed the thermostat was stuck open so they replaced that and also my gause sometimes started going up and down then it stopoped working at all so they said its the sensor so they changed it and it dosnt work still anyone had this problem?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Check on the climate control display to see where your temp is, recirc button+ up arrow (together), press +temp button until you reach 49, then press recirc button again. This will give you a digital display of your temp.

When was the water pump done?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Neutral

Status
    not long ago was done with the cambelt bout 5000 miles ago il check that later thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Also disconnect the battery and the cts. Plug back together and connect the battery. May work.

Neutral

Status
    well the temp reading works through the climate control so looks like my clocks are faulty are these coded to the car? and will a facelft set of clocks fit my preface lift?

6th Gear

Status
    Have you tried disconnecting the battery? Do that before you buy new clocks.

Neutral

Status
    no il try that but what would that do because the faults where cleared when the sensor was replaced which was monday, when i got it back it worked then when i was driving home it dropped down

6th Gear

Status
    Ok sorry either I didn't read it properly or misunderstood but the original post didn't say it worked then dropped down. It just says they changed it and it still doesn't work which implies it never worked after they changed it but that could just be reading it that way.

By the by anyway

The only reason I suggested the battery was all the information goes through the ECU, it adapts it's self and stores these settings. clearing the faults doesn't reset the ecu where as removing the battery power does. It's the same for the Throttle body, you need to disconnect the battery to reset some items.

It's only a suggestion and may not work but I have seen it in the past work.