quick N75 question

jay1601

Reaction score
got the car to normal operating temp. let it idle on my drive while looking for boost leaks (none found)

people say you should be able to feel/hear the N75 working, is this true ? if so mine isn't doing anything can't feel or hear it moving/working

took the pipe off going to the wastegate (didn't drive it like this), should the actuator move inside even when the car isn't boosting/driving ? as mine wasn't moving at all

i have done a search via google doesn't really bring up a great deal of info

thnaks Jay

hi mate, disconnect the n75 and take it for a spin: should get the answers you're looking for. vagcom will also throw up a code if your n75 is on its way out etc, maybe worth you hooking it up.

if i drive it like it, it will boost 15+PSI. reconnect the pipe and a drop back down to 3/4PSI (5PSI max)

thinking it is the N75 which is ********, but don't want to start spending cash if its not broken. (no faults codes are coming up) and i don't have VAG-COM

deffo disconnect it: it'll run on standard. should eliminate it. if you're close to blackburn, lancashire i'll do a free scan for you :)

cheers mate thats the info i needed to know.

do you know of a way in which it would be possable to check if its working ? on or off the car

ill go give that a try in a min thanks :)

if it doesn't move does it mean its broken and needs replacing ?