Audi a3 up for sale but need help

L3WJX

Reaction score
Last edited:
Patience is what you need mate, No one has any money in January, so soon after Xmas and new year, it's practically the worst time to sell a car! As for the £1500 offer, that's what they call trying it on...

ello mate.... if it were me i'd be fitting an OEM backbox, that doesn't help the car in how it sits out from the bumper..... i would try and reduce the lettering size and compact it a little...maybe remove things like 'its never failed' as its irrelevant - that would be what i would fella, doesn't mean to say its right ;)

good luck with the sale (on another note did you get rid of those Avus ok?)

Hello will get the other half to look at it ans make it sound and look good.

Just looked at your ad and just a few things I would ask and you may want to put on there.

When was the cambelt last changed? As at 120,000miles it's due now, this is a potential £350-£500 cost to someone.

Secondly does it have a K03S to get to 210bhp? as there is no way a k03 with Revo will get that much! if it does have a K03s then put it in the ad.

Also I think and this is just my opinion £2300 is a little high. For a 1999 with that mileage I would say £1600-£1800 is a better price, unless it has a leather interior etc.

Haha was just about to put this and the k03s-052 i was told when i had one fitted that it was and i have a dyno of 210bhp so im guessing it must be,i also only put it at that price as i no what people are like hagglers lol,i might put it down to £2000 ono,thanks alot any thing eles let me no people cant wait for another audi :)

oh another thing, sumat i just did when i sold the S3...was to put mapped by..... and hitting between say 200-210bhp.....the reason i did this was that you werent using the dyno lottery chart you have and it allows you to play the numbers game that some people think 'helps' sell a car

looks ok that mate, id suggest asking people to email you if they have less than 10 feedback.....otherwise i fear you'll alienate people who dont want to call

sadly she is around £600-£800 too expensive.

Whatever you have spent cannot be added to the cost of the car it doesn't work like that sadly.

You could get a facelift car for that money IMHO

as above mate, it's a tad expensive. i've got my v-plate 2000 1.8t quattro up for sale for £2,000. it's got 117k, full history, climate, rear sensors, cd changer etc. the number plate issue should be sorted before you sell it on, as it could put people off buying your car: once the v5 is signed to the new owner the number plate goes with it... it's only good will that the buyer signs the plate over to you.

we bought a 51 plate last year with less miles, in rare kingfisher blue, FSH cambelt..everything...for £2700...that was almost a year ago now and the car is a facelift model with full leather and various other options..... unfortunately i have to agree with Mark on this

Thanks guys what sort of money should i be exspecting then ?
I dont realy want to sell my car till about the 6th of febuary as im going away for a week thanks alot guys

id say look at the cheapest, find the most expensive (same or similar year - same or similar mileage) then chuck it bang in the middle if you wana sell...if you can wait then aim for the higher, just dont exceeed it