What Chip do you go for ?

tlaing

Reaction score
Just bought a 2001 S3 in Dolphin Grey three days ago and am well happy. I will be getting the car chipped in early 2005, but what chip do you go for, the choice is huge ! AMD make a good case and seem well thought of on what I have been reading on these pages. Just wondering what others opinions are on it ?

Did they make anyones car less reliable ?

Go for AMD, they have great customer service and they don't pysically open up your ECU and "possibly" damage it like other chip vendors. AMD can re-program your orginal chip via the diag socket inside your cabin. So they don't even have to lift the bonnet.

Still I've also herd some good reviews about the Revo chips.

I am fairly sure that it is AMD that I will go for, but then would you go with the 'One Click' way or the Stage 1 way, or are they the same thing. From what I have read, the Stage 1 (£550 +VAT) gives around the 265bhp and the 'One Click' (£495 +VAT) gives around 250bhp. Is 50+bhp worth £50 (plus the VAT of course) ?

Has anyone got or had a Revo chip and what power did it give ?

Cujo, if you get your skates on, Amd are offering the stage 1 for £350+vat until Jan 7. I have to admit it's tempting even me.

Cant think of anything I would rather spend the money on ! Christmas and a new car have left me dry of funds right now, well....until my other car sells. It will be late Feb/March time, when I have the cash. Anyone know how much difference will it make in insurance ?

Also I have (dare I say it) a Renault Clio Williams 1 (no. 343) for sale L reg, 89k, Green filter, Magnex exhaust, recent clutch and cambelt at Renault. £3200.