AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

What size tyre for stretch and best choice tyre?

Hi,

I have just bought some BBS CH's (reps) size is 18x8.

Im not sure what size tyre I should go for to give me a slight stretch. Also what is a good choice tyre at the moment I have the Bridgestone REO50A's fitted to my AVUS but is there a better choice tyre for money?

Cheers,
    Chris
    2001 S3 - Ming Blue, Bose + AndyMac Stealth Sub + XCarlink iPod Interface with Bluetooth, Forge 007 (Yellow Spring), Green Cotton Panel Filter, Angel Tuning Remap, Milltek Cat-Back Resonated, Parking Sensors & Full Black Leather Nappa Recaros with Piano Black Trim.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    215's will give you a little stretch on 8's, with 195's being a bit more extreme, i have always found the bridgestones to be good, goodyear eagle f1's have better grip imo but they were stupidly fast, or toyo t1r's are very very good.

tom
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I'm running 215's on an 8 and it's a nice subtle stretch. I wouldn't go narrower on an s3 as you'll start to compromise grip.
    I run falken fk452's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    I fitted PS2's all round just over a week ago and they are feckin great man. I'm sure I've gained a few bhp as well as a result. I can't believe how good they are. Wet or dry doesn't seem to matter, they just grip and grip and grip....

I've had Eagle F1's and PS1's on the S3 previously which were damn good but the PS2's take high speed cornering traction to another level.

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I run falken fk452's
    How are these for handling as they are fairly cheap in comprison to eagle and bridgestone etc? Would you go 215/40 or 215/35?
    2001 S3 - Ming Blue, Bose + AndyMac Stealth Sub + XCarlink iPod Interface with Bluetooth, Forge 007 (Yellow Spring), Green Cotton Panel Filter, Angel Tuning Remap, Milltek Cat-Back Resonated, Parking Sensors & Full Black Leather Nappa Recaros with Piano Black Trim.

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i currently have bbs ch that are 9j wide i use falken 452's 225 wide gives nice bit of strech and the tyres are great for handleing

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I find them pretty good really. I've used t1r's for the last 4 years, and recently decided it just wasn't worth running such premium tyres was pointless on my 400 mile commute.

I switched to the falkens in November and they've been good. Grip isn't noticably worse, the only time I really notice is under braking where it squirms a little more.

For every day use, they're great.

Avoid 35 profiles though, they're just too harsh! Stick with the 40's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    If you want the car to handle properly, you dont want stretched tyres.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    Just spoke to my local tyre dealer and he was trying to get me to buy the ZE912s but went for the FK452s.

Which are the better tyre?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    452 are falkens performance flagship tyre. The others are less sport orientated, prob a little harder, although my friend just put 4 on his golf and says theyre surprisingly good. If you ask me, 452's are such good value for money compared to any other top end performance tyre which are soo expensive

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm ordering some of these next week :-) .. I've got Conti sports at the moment all round good tyre wet and dry ..
    Looking to go for stagered bbs ch's but not sure if having 9" rears may affect the handling ??

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    452 are falkens performance flagship tyre. The others are less sport orientated, prob a little harder, although my friend just put 4 on his golf and says theyre surprisingly good. If you ask me, 452's are such good value for money compared to any other top end performance tyre which are soo expensive
    Nice one...think i have made the right choice !!!