DIS fuel inaccurate

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hiya guys!!!

After driving the misus car for the first time in months, the ongoing problem seems to have returned.... just chucked £20 in it, the level went to half and the DIS reads 110miles!! sumat not right - im gonna attempty the fuel level sensor again this weekend as never managed to get it off last time round...but would it be that judging by the fact that the fuel gauge seems accurate?

what are you expecting it to say because the DISs on both of my 8Ps would use recent driving conditions to give you an estimated distance and it would change if i was bombing it on a B road compared to going 50mph on a speed restricted motorway

Na mate, I've had 3 8Ls this last decade so know what your talking about, this just shouldn't read so low when half a tank is registering, which is about right for what I put in it....wondered if there was adis sensor aswell as the level sensor

reset it and drive slow for a bit. or just change it to the MPG screen instead :p

If the car is hardly ever used and is all town stuff, then 110 miles to £20 sounds about right to me tim!

I've had mine showing 50 miles remaining
to half a tank after a good thrashing!

I'd go with that dude, short trips will kill off the range big time. That and driving flat out. I prefer the latter.

Agree with Prawn on the M'way in the week, its brilliant, but on the weekend, tootling around doing drop offs and shopping runs etc, loose extra miles VERY QUICKLY!!

funny thing is though chaps, im not thrashing the car at all....it doesnt go anywhere when i do plant the foot so have started driving like a grandad :) the S3 after £20 used to show roughly 150-200 miles to half a tank, this is now showing 100 miles and its 2mm off half full!! sumats wrong, i know the S3 has a different tank....but this is just too far out - i seriously have hardly booted it at all :)

she doesnt go anywhere!! haha - seriously hate putting foot to floor cos the fuel goes down and the car isnt a patch on mine yet :) ..... i've put some more fuel in so that the sensor is immersed....so hopefully that might clean it for me, see what its like over the coming days.