Help selling my A3

pictures could be better. Take pictures from waist height and park it in a wooded area and a car always looks better! No picture of seats to show condition, make sure you show drivers seat unless it is worn out. Engine picture. People love a picture of a freshly hoovered boot too! how long is the mot? does it have tax?

also, it is a healthy price so will take a bit longer to sell.

Hope that helps a little.

actually, compared to others on autotrader price seems fair as it is a quattro.

How many places have you advertised it dude?

I put ads up in Autotrader and PistonHeads, over 6 weeks and had 3 people interested one of which came and said oh, it's not a diesel... :wacko:

Ebay was the way forward, it sold in one week and was far cheaper than autotrader and piston heads for 6 weeks lol.

Price seems good to me, my a3 1.8tqs with 64K and leather etc. went for £3300 in June/July.

Edit: I agree the pictures could be better though, the flash in the cabin always makes the interior look gash, loads of natural light is what you need.

Good luck!

Last edited:
thanks for the input mateys! got my eye on a lovely s3, would love to get this sorted asap. and consider ur listing borrowed don :)

How many places have you advertised it dude?

I put ads up in Autotrader and PistonHeads, over 6 weeks and had 3 people interested one of which came and said oh, it's not a diesel... :wacko:

Ebay was the way forward, it sold in one week and was far cheaper than autotrader and piston heads for 6 weeks lol.

Price seems good to me, my a3 1.8tqs with 64K and leather etc. went for £3300 in June/July.

Edit: I agree the pictures could be better though, the flash in the cabin always makes the interior look gash, loads of natural light is what you need.

Good luck!

cheers mate, ive taken another pic of the seats/interior: can't quite get to taking pictures again it went dark too quickly! did you put it on ebay classifieds/auction?

My last 2 cars i had success on autotrader internet only £9 of r 2 weeks. Both sold in days. Having said that, different cars. I agree that T&T is the most important. I always sell cars with 12mth ticket as it bumps the price right up

Sadly i have to agree with the Ebay is the way forward comment, had my golf on autotrader for a month and it didnt sell a week on ebay and it was gone, i list my cars on ebay, autotrader and pistonheads.

Sorry, just got in, I listed it as an auction because I needed shot of it at that Point lol. If you have the time it Might be worth letting your auto trader ad run it's course first just to see what happens.

cheers dane, will see how it goes. i'm particularly bothered because it's a genuinely good car, should be flying outta my hands lol. oh well, time will tell :)