Crap Audi Garages (name and shame)

EoD

Reaction score
Hi guys

RE: GLASGOW AUDI - BRAEHEAD

I recently had my A3 in the local garage to have a bit of work done (warning lights were coming on for no reason, and some sort of ticking noise from front right) and i have to say that when we put it into the garage two months ago, we really thought it would be over and done with in a week flat.

this wasnt the case, today i am on the phone trying to get this thing sorted out once and for all, and between warranty companies and the audi garage not knowing their rear from their elbows (every single time im on the phone to them its a different person who doesnt know the case file and has a different opinion on what the problems are, what the job card says, dates of arrivals of parts, procedural order etc)... and when the warranty company are TRYING to have my car fixed they go and call Audi themselves only to get someone different again spouting crap!

So ... just to name and shame if thats allowed... I wouldnt advise anyone to take their car to GLASGOW AUDI near Braehead shopping centre. They have done nothing but cause us problems and hinder my cars health. (added to which indignity...I always have to call THEM back!!!!! "yes thank you sir we will call you back in ten minutes" .... )

Anyone else having this experience with Audi garages or is it just me? Their customer service seems pretty pish for a company like Audi... i expected more.

Edd

Driven past it a few times but never popped in or need to either. I guess you best contacting Audi customers services and complain about the service you have received. It is their new 'flagship' building so you would expect better and maybe Audi UK will too.

I've bought new & used cars from pretty much all the 'mainstream' dealers............... When it really comes down to it, they're all sh!t at customer service.

Try contacting Audi customer services, they could help, but you will still have to do all the 'chasing'....

Take your car to Camerons of Perth and ask for Colin Cameron (Director) . He takes a personal interest in anyones car, once they've establish a rapport with them... My mates S4 (old shape) came back all oil, on the steering, seats etc after a repair, on speaking to Colin the car was picked up and brought back to the work shop where a new leather steering wheel and chair were fitted and redelivered to him in Aberdeen.... Car was Valeted on arrival in Aberdeen before hand over ... Mike couldn't complain at that... Try them and see, Oh! and stay away from "George" the sales manager, he's another that knows little of customer service....

Thanks EoD... i'm a newbie S3 owner and the car needs a service in a 1000miles and i was going to check out Glasgow Audi, but i think i'll take a trip to Ayr Audi instead who i have only heard good things about.
Cheers again

Ayr Audi - dunno about their bodyshop though, took 5 weeks to sort my A3 when rear ended. Drove around in a 1.2 polo for all that time. They kept ordering wrong parts.... The repair job turned out ok anyhow.

Hmmmmm....are there any good stealers near Glasgow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If it weren't for it being a major service (40k) i'd go independent. But as to who's a good independent.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its not askin much is it charge a fair price for a fair job ! but all you seam to read on here is that the stealers rob ure bank acc and do a poor job!
I have only had two dealings with glas audi,

1st time, Done my timeing belts forgot to put the fog lamp covers back on! went in to complain "very sorry " will send out a "technician" out, and wot comes out a 16yr boy askin wot side they go on! even though they are "murphy proof"
PS in local car asda car park hit 1st speed bump one fell out! luckly woman flashed to tell me a bit of my car had fell of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif
2nd time,Getting wheel bearings done (3rd party waranty Co) they where suppose to phone them and get autherisation never did! so i had to pay and then contact warranty Co who after a bit of messing about they payed out as a "good will " jesture so like u all im very warry of going back !
To be fair the actual work done i havnt had a problem with but the service of the "front desk" people leaves a lot to be desired !

well.... the car is booked in for the 21st to have this wee valve replaced (you know...the tick tick tick tick coming from the front right? ok whats the technical term? go on...)
so, i hope this is the last i need to worry about it, and hopefully the next thing is my 60k service! (shudder)

I thought that a front-right ticking was the charcoal cannister and that it's normal (especially if you've been sitting in traffic).
(Front right as in offside-front that is - left hand side when you've got head under bonnet).

LISTERS R PRETTY USELESS!!!

Sh.ite for warranty work, bin in 6 times and still got fckin problem, seems to me as the probably charge(not sure) AUDI manufacturers making out they've done the work, but havent!

Any1 else got problem with (B)LISTERS!!

Aston Green Audi - Slough, Whites Audi - Camberly, Guilford Audi and last but not least reading Audi all seem pretty [censored] to me, I've been trying to give one of them some money to replace the rear dampers on my car, and will any of them answer the ****** phone or actually put me through to someone that can help... nope... WA£$%"£S the lot, have to say that plymouth Audi always seem to do what they promise and try and help, which is how an Audi garage shold be!

Felbridge VW Garage (NR. East Grinstead) - I brought my Audi in to have specific work carried out and it came out with other work being done on it and not the "Specified" work being done! They charged me all the same. Then when things went wrong again (car wouldnt start) I brought the car back to them; a day later of car being in there garage they said they could not find the fault; so went to pick up car again.

Guess what... The car wouldnt start when they went to pull it out of their workshop. Hirecar that they were reluctant to give me and wasted time and money for me.

Went in to dealer (Whitehouse Bexley) for brake fluid change on friday morning - £103

got there at 9.45
had them look the other problem i had where the idle was sometimes hunting and the car would cut out approaching junctions when slowing down

additional 1hours labour- £105

they cleaned the throttle body housing and then told me that should have sorted it

left at 12.30 £208 lighter

on driving home one of the coil packs died and i had to take it back to the garage

waited another hour
charged for 1/2 labour for diagnostic check and told 3rd coil had failed reccommended changing all four - £22 each and then further 1/2 labour to fit

the guy who told me this then said he would do a sale of the century deal esp. for me of £190 for new packs plus fitting

i felt like biting his nose off
told him i would not pay a further 1/2 labour for them to fit coil packs which take me 10min myself

i paid and took the coil packs home to fit myself

absolute [censored] - felt very hard done by considering i had been waiting there for the whole day in the dealers and they did not detect the coil was on its last legs

will not be returning to any audi dealer from now on

just had the garage call me which is funny (w*nkers)
one of their customer service people checking i was a satisfied customer
told them straight i felt very unhappy and would not return the them again
she said she will investigate and get back to me

all in all i spent poss 4 hours and nearly 350 quid
what a sh!te day that turned out to be !!!!

Listers Audi - Sutton Coldfield :

aftersales support is crap, "can't really be ***** with your custom" attitude from service desk personel, Never return phone calls,damaged trim on my bumper during warranty work and thought better not to mention it.

yeah funny thing is i went out with one of the mechanics for a test drive to see if i could replicate a noise i had been hearing with him in the car - 100% nice bloke and was extremely herlpful/friendly

the customer service geeks however were not

Had nothing but great service from Bexley Audi and Whitehouse Dartford previously. Always extremely courteously and helpful and profession, not felt once that i;ve been ripped off, far from it. The guy that worked on my S3 has one of his own so I know he would of gone that extra mile to get things sorted.

Graham