perhaps a fairly decent alternative to liquid gauge? kiwi wifi module

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Not sure if I should of posted this in vcds section, but its dead there.

Today I was going to check my car with vagcom, and I had lost the lead annoyingly. Im sure it'l turn up, but i had a look online to see if anything else was available, then I came across this on UK MKIVS:

OBD II Kiwi WiFi module for iPhone iTouch PLX REV DashC on eBay (end time 07-Feb-11 11:32:05 GMT)

Its called the kiwi wifi module and is compatible with iphone/ ipod touch. Now im a sucker for technology, but if im reading it right, this can do everything a liquid gauge can, but with no bastardising of the air vent :yes:.

A little video made by PLX:
YouTube - Kiwi Wifi iPhone / iPod Touch OBDII OBD2 Interface

Its going for £119.99 on ebay then probably another £20 for the rev app or dashcommand.

Im seriously tempted by this, seems very handy!

Let me know your thoughts or experiences if anybody has any.

yes iv used it and its ok but you can get them for £89 if you look hard enuff
also theres a chinese one you can get 40 quid

its not thr kiwi that gives you all the stuff thats just the link to the car its the apps that do it all so cheaper the better

Oh right. Looking around the kiwi wifi does look the cheapest I can see. Think I'm going to give it a crack though, downloaded revs lite and it seems pretty good.

I looked into this but I already have VCDS and I want a boost guage. Problem with this is it reads boost from the map sensor which gets maxed out so you never get an accurate boost reading above the max of the sensor.

If I didn't have VCDS I would be tempted though. Neat little bit of kit.