2002 S3 drivers window trouble

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
ok guys,
put my windoow down the other night for a copper of all people and then it wouldnt go back up, managed to push it back up.
just removed the door card and found the motor looks good when disconectted from gears its running no noises etc,
however have found loose cable and looks like its broken frayed at one end, other end still inside the pulley.

im looking for some advice is it possible to remove the white plastic pulley componant? without breaking?
and do i need to buy the whole stuff again or can i just buy the cable and feed it in?
also if anyone happend to have a drawing of the way the cable works id appricate it as im a little confused!

cheers lads

Ahhh, bummer on the cable. If the cable is snapped, AFAIK it will need replacing as the whole window works on a cable drive system.

Someone may know more about it, but it sounds like more than the normal 'clip broken' issue.

I have an S3 door subframe for sale with complete window mechanism if it's any use.... :sign_plug:

yeah spoke with audi the whole cable mechaisim, on steel frame is about 100 quid so just ordered it

one other question is there any special way to fit the motor back so it knows to stop at the top and bottom of window?

yeah spoke with audi the whole cable mechaisim, on steel frame is about 100 quid so just ordered it

one other question is there any special way to fit the motor back so it knows to stop at the top and bottom of window?

Bummer. Could of had one for £40 but there we go, hindsight being a wonderful thing... lol.

Not sure about fitting the mech mate to be fair.

I would personally (based on having not fitted one ever) leave the motor in and run it until it is at the top of the run. When you fit the window, fit it so that it is closed, and then fit the motor to it. Then they should both be in sync.