Enable miles to empty

anilkumar

Reaction score
hi

i have an 02 audi a3 8L wanted to know is it possable to enable miles to empty on my clocks

Thanks

Right stalk off the steering wheel, look on the right side edge of it, you'll have a button which toggles up and down, that'll do it.

Yeah, everytime you press the button on the end of the wiper stalk you scroll through (Not sure of exact order):
Total driving time
Average speed
Average MPG
Current MPG
Range

The first three can be reset by pressing in the button on the underside of the wiper stalk; the last two are just current readings based upon how you've been driving for the past few miles.

Last edited:
my stalk dose not have the buttons on it so dose this mean i cant have Average MPG
Current MPG Range ?

If you haven't got buttons then you can't have a DIS on your dash just a collection of warning lights?

<tuffty/>

ok thanks i just wondered because my mate has an 2002 mk4 golf and had had miles to empty enabled with vagcom i think

you guys totally rock! i have just been outside and found i have the toggle buttons and a reset button which i had not noticed before. held down reset button and blam, up pops the temp and mpg stuff. I didn't even now it was supposed to be there!! I wondered why that bit of the screen was always blank. BIG BIG thank you! (i have only had the car a week or so which is why i am so useless)

Hmm, if you've only had the car for a week, have you found the buttons for the machine guns and ejector seat yet? :p

Seriously, another thing that people often don't find is there is a small third sun visor which folds forwards in front of the rear view mirror. It fills in the gap between mirror, headlining and the 2 normal sun visors.

i got that mate. there was a post a while back called something like 'things people never find' or something. thats how i found out about my windows being controlled through the remote too!! forums rock!!

Last edited:
Have you heard the S3 is going to be used in the new James Bond film, because of all its hidden extras ;) LOL

Haha, James Bond could make good use of the Audi's 'hidden extra's':

The 'Window Clip' Gadget - Bond uses his hand to manually force the door window down to escape from the baddies as his car is sandwiched by baddies and the door cannot be opened due to a low wall - he would have used the electric windows manually but this would have taken up precious time.

The 'Indicator Confusion' Gadget - Bond is trying the dodge the baddies in an urban setting with many traffic light's / junctions. He (being a good british citizen) accidently presses his indicator to let people know that he will be taking the next left - fortunately, the Audi has a hazard switch that bypasses his accidental attempt, he makes his turn and the baddies plough straight on.

The 'PCV mini oil-slick' Gadget - Again, this is a miniture version of the original oil-slick that the DB5 produced, only due to the environmentalists / Green Party, a limit has been placed on how much oil should be used to create a slick. Also - the slick is activated automatically - Bond has no control whatsoever when this will activate, he will only find out after he sees the car that was chasing him has now skidded, overturned and created a mahoosive fireball.

The 'Coilpack Flamer' Gadget - Again, whilst being chased, Bond's Audi is accelerating hard, he is 3 car lengths ahead when all power is lost, the EML light appears on the instruments display, Bond seems aggrevated by this, then all of a sudden, the unburnt fuel escapes from the exhaust, ignites spontaneously and the ball of fire kills the baddies (again).

Disclaimer - All the above 'gadgets' are available in all Audi's, no VCDS activation required. There may be more gadgets - these are the only ones I am aware of at present. Please feel free to add any gadgets I may have missed.