HELP!!!!

mark1960

Reaction score
My A3 1.8t 51 plate....was running great all day went into a carpark for 30 mins came out and car struggled to start...got it going after a while but engine managment light is on? Car seems to be running normally after I get it to fire up. Got it home and went out after about an hour same problem car won't fire up?

My A3 1.8t 51 plate....was running great all day went into a carpark for 30 mins came out and car struggled to start...got it going after a while but engine managment light is on? Car seems to be running normally after I get it to fire up. Got it home and went out after about an hour same problem car won't fire up?

Really, if the EML is on you need to get it fault scanned.

Off the bat, I would suspect the Coolant Temp Sender unit personally, but that's guesswork.

Thanks for that....My car is in the body shop at the moment will get it checked out on its return...Damn those left hand drive foreign trucks!!!!!

if you need it scanning im in sheffield give me a pm

mine was doing this aswell (just not any lights coming on) fault scanner it, and as Welly said, turned out to be the coolant temp sensor. cheap fix, around £13 from ebay :)

Thanks guys... Yes I was doing 69.9 mph! in the middle lane of the M1 with cars going past me in the fast lane and a foreign truck decided to pull out and didnt see me.... He said I was in his blind spot...Me thinks he was just blind!!!!! Car due back in 3 weeks with new front wing, Door, Door mirror, and back panel..Only £25.00 short of being written off!....