A3 1.8T Front strut brace?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject is there a strut brace available for the FWD 1.8T?

Also how would you go about fitting them as there are no bolts for the struts.

Mark, your best bet and most cost effective is to go for the S3 item, infact, there's one for sale on ukmkiv's forum

here ---> Strut brace

Of course you need to drill holes to fit it on, which is why mine is still lying in the living room waiting to be fitted lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That's what is putting me off the drilling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Might do the suspension, ARB's etc.. and see if it needs it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

be careful, problems have been mentioned about clearing the engine cover, most ive seen for sale say you have to remove the engine cover for it to fit.

[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
be careful, problems have been mentioned about clearing the engine cover, most ive seen for sale say you have to remove the engine cover for it to fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine's on fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lol - S3 one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif will try and get some pics for ya if ya want. it's a bit of a bugga having it at the moment as I want to get access to plumbing for the rear water sprayer, as everytime I use it to wash the rear window water [censored] everywhere...just so awkward getting to it with having the strut - so I just keep putting it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

mine's on fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We need pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also was it hard to fit?

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

Also was it hard to fit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, i'd imagine it was VERY easy for AmD to fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif otherwise I'd have no idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will get a few piccies for ya once I pick up my digicam from my relatives - hopefully today at some point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rob

Ok - here's mine,

strut_ya_stuff.jpg

will get some more close ups soon!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I fitted one to a mates A3 and the one thing i would say would be great is to use 'nutserts' instead of using nuts and bolts. Its a pain in the backside to tighten up the nut in the arch as all the suspension is in the way. Nutserts would make it a half hour job to do. They basically push into the hole and then grip and you tighen the bolt into it, and than makes it grip in the hole even more. a much easier way!

Rich

I drilled and tapped mine M10 dead easy and only need a 8.5mm drill hole, or was it M12 cant remember but easy anyhow its a 10.2mm hole if M12 bolts are used and no need for nuts if you use spring washers and loctite.
Cheers "Bingo"