Keeping my car clean - offer on Amazon

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought myself and nice black S3...great for going up to hills near me in glasgow with the quattro system.
Awesome car, can't wait to get it serviced , near tyres, and the maf sort (well i can but you know what i mean) but the problem i have at the mo is keeping it clean!
So while looking for a pressure washer i came across this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001MQ7SQ/qid=1104020988/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl/202-4140168-2140607

Another, toy to go with my new car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone got one already? Can you recommend a detergent?

Cheers and merry xmas

Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the Forum, looking to have a meet in the new year just for beers and chat if interested??

Regards pressure washer, be very careful of said tools, THEY CAN LIFT THE PAINT if too strong or close to the car, ideal for removing road salt etc from the underside and wheel arches... Halfors do a gallon of pressure wash soap that connects to the washer, or look for a chemical supply company that can supply larger quantities if required something like Autosmart that will deliver to your door at trade prices... try that and see how you go...

Incidentally, I'm located in Coatbridge, and FALLMONK (Mick) is located in the west end of Glasgow....

I agree - be careful with pressure washers - as long as you don't go stupidly close the paint will be fine.

Make sure you rinse as much dirt off as possible before using a sponge - black paint is easily marked by rubbing dirt particles into the paint with a sponge (creating the swirly affect).

Choose a gentle polish, one that is non abrasive too.

[ QUOTE ]
28v6 said:

Incidentally, I'm located in Coatbridge, and FALLMONK (Mick) is located in the west end of Glasgow....

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU CALLED! hi Ian , welcome to the forum nice choice off car mate , as the guys above sayed ,just becareful of "high" pressure washers would be a shame to damage the paint in that car no doubt u know this already having owned one ! any ways just a quick hello!

Hi Ian,

Hey, another Scottish member. Quite a lot of us now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm near Motherwell, with another Black S3.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

(/quote) I'm near Motherwell, with another Black S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a good shot at a meet in the new year, Wha d' ya say Mick???? anyone else up for beers n' chat??

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice.
Will stand well back or turn the power down if possible. I got some karcher shampoo stuff today in makro for £6.49 plus VAT. Same stuff for £10 in Halfords.
Now gotta wait for the pressure washer to arrive. Knowing Amazon, i could be in for a wait!

I've bought the high power rather than a cheaper "more suitable to cars" one because i'm gonna put it through work expenses. Justifying it by saying they can use it to clean the slabs and windows (on two floors) etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for a meet, i'd be up for that.
I'm up for changing the stereo, but would like to hear, see some installs, before taking the plunge.
As for the guy that lives in the West End (which i do) do you drive a silver S3? If you do, you live very near me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think some of you will recognise the car as its Ian_S3's car. He mentioned he'd met with some of you. He's really looked after the car well. I'll try and keep up his good work!

I must admit the S3 is taking a lotta getting used to. Its my first powerful car in 9 years (i had an E30 BMW 325i when i was 20 - which i crashed while doing a WOT gear change from 2nd to 3rd the wheels spun and so did the car - no LSD on my E30 325!) so i'm still very tentative into corners! Especially in this weather. Plus the car needs new tyres allround. i have been giving it some stick - i'm getting 22mpg on my first tank of optimax!!. But i'm guessing that initial foot down, look in the mirror, where did they go, feeling will calm a little as i get used to the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway cheers guys

Hope you're having a great xmas

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
28v6 said:

(/quote) I'm near Motherwell, with another Black S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a good shot at a meet in the new year, Wha d' ya say Mick???? anyone else up for beers n' chat??

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi dave , yip mate im up for a meet sounds good to me,
Ian im the guy from the "west end" nope sorry mate i dont drive a S3 just a wee A4 Ts .will send u a Pm
AS for stereo upgrades anything u need to know about ICE look out for a guy on here called "andy mac" think he has forgot more in his sleep than most know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Hi dave , yip mate im up for a meet sounds good to me,
Ian im the guy from the "west end" nope sorry mate i dont drive a S3 just a wee A4 Ts .will send u a Pm
AS for stereo upgrades anything u need to know about ICE look out for a guy on here called "andy mac" think he has forgot more in his sleep than most know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider it done....see "Meets" Forum.... TA DAAHH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif