Fitting forge 007 and vacuum hose

YTL2000

Reaction score
I fitted the Forge 007 recirc valve today and noticed that the smallest pipe attached (is this the vacuum pipe?) was too small to attach to the nipple. In a stubborn attempt to jam the pipe on, not only did I split and fray one end, it was so brittle that it snapped off at the other. To solve this, I used a piece of spare windscreen washer tubing instead.

I have taken the car for a spin and coupled with the Pipercross panel filter also fitted today, the car feels like it is pulling much harder and power sustained a little longer. So, should I not worry about the replacement pipe I fitted? Based on how tough the OEM one is compared to the rubber washer fluid tubing, I keep getting horrible images of the rubber tubing swelling up and bursting like a balloon.

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

Old hoses can perish and break away like that so don't worry about that.

What is the windscreen washer tubing made from? It should be a silicone vacuum pipe you should be using. Get 3mm diameter vacuum hosing of Ebay and that will do the job just fine.

Hopefully somebody else will shed some light on the spare tubing you're using.

The tubing seems like rubber but could be silocon based due to it being a pipe located in the bonnet? I'm gonna have a look on eBay and see how the tubing you recommend compares to what I am using. My suspicions were raised when I realized the original item has some kind of woven nylon outer casing with a stiff inner tubing.

The standard hoses get real crappy after a long period of time. On Ebay type in, 3mm vacuum hosing. You'll get loads come up, different lengths and colours.

I would get the pipe changed to silicon sooner rather than later tbh... problem with 'washer pipe' and the pvc crap normally supplied with 'budget' boost gauges is they are not designed for pressure... remember these pipes (despite being small) carry boost and vacuum pressure too.. granted the effect is not the same as in the charge system as the volume of air is much much less but these types of materials will suck in under vacuum and bulge under pressure... more so when hot... they are simply not suitable...

Get some silicone vacuum pipe from Forge or eBay and get it changed.... Worst case is the DV won't operate properly when asked to dump boost (vacuum applied to the small pipe) and could potentially damage the turbo...

<tuffty/>

I would get the pipe changed to silicon sooner rather than later tbh... problem with 'washer pipe' and the pvc crap normally supplied with 'budget' boost gauges is they are not designed for pressure... remember these pipes (despite being small) carry boost and vacuum pressure too.. granted the effect is not the same as in the charge system as the volume of air is much much less but these types of materials will suck in under vacuum and bulge under pressure... more so when hot... they are simply not suitable...

Get some silicone vacuum pipe from Forge or eBay and get it changed.... Worst case is the DV won't operate properly when asked to dump boost (vacuum applied to the small pipe) and could potentially damage the turbo...

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffty, sorry to be the one to blow dust off this one mate lol.
Im looking for the size of the larger pipe off the dv valve. Or would you know where i could look for all hose sizes for future reference. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364977579662418