JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

changed my lambda sensor today but still got the faults

hi all have car on vag com other day and got 4 fault codes to do with lambda sensor
    so went and bought one then fitted it behind the cat drove it home and got it on vag com again still coming up with same faults

my esp light wont go off either and got a fault to do with that something to do with abs not getting a message from ecu

thanks for any help gaz

ill post the faults tomoz
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st gear

Status
    by the sounds of it you have replaced the lambda sensor after the cat, on the later model s3's they have two lambda sensors 1st on top of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd after the cat so might be the 1st that needs changing
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I assume you have cleared the faults using VAGCOM too? a registered fault code won't go away until you have cleared it... if the problem is still there then it will return... if you have fixed the problem then it won't...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpathe View Post
    by the sounds of it you have replaced the lambda sensor after the cat, on the later model s3's they have two lambda sensors 1st on top of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd after the cat so might be the 1st that needs changing
    cheers mate and ye thats the one iv changed is the other sensor easy to get to and can u see it with bonet up tar
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    I assume you have cleared the faults using VAGCOM too? a registered fault code won't go away until you have cleared it... if the problem is still there then it will return... if you have fixed the problem then it won't...

<tuffty/>
    ye tuffty and they just come straight back got a fault with my purge valve 2 it says and is drinking like hell
    as well as maf sensor fault that goes and comes some days

cheers

1st gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    cheers mate and ye thats the one iv changed is the other sensor easy to get to and can u see it with bonet up tar
    yes take the engine cover off and look to the back off the engine and you will see it on top of the manifold, little bit akward to remove this one
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

6th Gear

Status
    does your fault code say sensor 1 or sensor 2? or pre or post cat?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpathe View Post
    yes take the engine cover off and look to the back off the engine and you will see it on top of the manifold, little bit akward to remove this one
    thanks alot that one was tight as hell hope this one is not ha

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    does your fault code say sensor 1 or sensor 2? or pre or post cat?
    it says 2 faults for sensor b1 s1 and 2 faults for sensor b1 s2 going to put them up now cheers

5th Gear

Status
    these are the faults people can ya tell me what to do or help tar

01314 engine control module
    17833 (n80) evap purge valve
    18057 powertrain data bus missing message from abs controller
    17705 pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve
    16955 brake switch (f)
    16486 mass air flow sensor (g70)
    17511 lambda sensor heating b1 s1
    17522 lambdaoxygen sensor b1 s2
    17523 oxygen lambda sensor heating b1 s1
    17861 exhaust gas temp sensor 1 (g235)
    17525 lambda oxygen sensor heating b1 s2

any help would be great thanks tar gaz