changed my lambda sensor today but still got the faults

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi all have car on vag com other day and got 4 fault codes to do with lambda sensor
so went and bought one then fitted it behind the cat drove it home and got it on vag com again still coming up with same faults :crying:

my esp light wont go off either and got a fault to do with that something to do with abs not getting a message from ecu

thanks for any help gaz

ill post the faults tomoz

by the sounds of it you have replaced the lambda sensor after the cat, on the later model s3's they have two lambda sensors 1st on top of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd after the cat so might be the 1st that needs changing

I assume you have cleared the faults using VAGCOM too? a registered fault code won't go away until you have cleared it... if the problem is still there then it will return... if you have fixed the problem then it won't...

<tuffty/>

by the sounds of it you have replaced the lambda sensor after the cat, on the later model s3's they have two lambda sensors 1st on top of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd after the cat so might be the 1st that needs changing

cheers mate and ye thats the one iv changed is the other sensor easy to get to and can u see it with bonet up tar

I assume you have cleared the faults using VAGCOM too? a registered fault code won't go away until you have cleared it... if the problem is still there then it will return... if you have fixed the problem then it won't...

<tuffty/>

ye tuffty and they just come straight back got a fault with my purge valve 2 it says and is drinking like hell
as well as maf sensor fault that goes and comes some days

cheers

cheers mate and ye thats the one iv changed is the other sensor easy to get to and can u see it with bonet up tar

yes take the engine cover off and look to the back off the engine and you will see it on top of the manifold, little bit akward to remove this one

does your fault code say sensor 1 or sensor 2? or pre or post cat?

yes take the engine cover off and look to the back off the engine and you will see it on top of the manifold, little bit akward to remove this one

thanks alot that one was tight as hell hope this one is not ha

these are the faults people can ya tell me what to do or help tar

01314 engine control module
17833 (n80) evap purge valve
18057 powertrain data bus missing message from abs controller
17705 pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve
16955 brake switch (f)
16486 mass air flow sensor (g70)
17511 lambda sensor heating b1 s1
17522 lambdaoxygen sensor b1 s2
17523 oxygen lambda sensor heating b1 s1
17861 exhaust gas temp sensor 1 (g235)