A3 1.8T Sport year 2000. Interior door light stays on???

beanyboy

Reaction score
Hi all, when i close my passenger door the red courtesty light on the door itself stays on and if i lock the doors the alarm goes off!!! I then have to open and shut the door loads of times until the light goes out, as you can imagine this is really annoying, this seems to be worse when the weather is warmer and has got me baffled?? Has anyone had this problem or heard of it??

Hi all, when i close my passenger door the red courtesty light on the door itself stays on and if i lock the doors the alarm goes off!!! I then have to open and shut the door loads of times until the light goes out, as you can imagine this is really annoying, this seems to be worse when the weather is warmer and has got me baffled?? Has anyone had this problem or heard of it??

Yes its the microswitch inside the door. You can try get a coat hanger and poke it, you shud see the lights going off. This may work or may not, try to hook the switch out a little bit, then it shud make a good contact. There is a massive thread on this issue somewhere...just search for it!

Thanks for the info. Is the microswitch attached to the locking mechanism???

think its inside the mechanism. someone posted about this a few weeks ago