AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    S3KO4's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    850

    snapped S3 rear spring / coil

    Hi, everyone

    The cold weather plus age, has snapped one of my rear spring, I found the C shape coil under the car! I think it is a bit less common issue, but was wondering if I could use a coil from an A3 1.8t and does it alter the performance at all?

    thanks everyone.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    finesse's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London / Anglia
    Posts
    2,814
    quattro springs are different to fwd

  4. #3
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,059
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    Hi, everyone

    The cold weather plus age, has snapped one of my rear spring, I found the C shape coil under the car! I think it is a bit less common issue, but was wondering if I could use a coil from an A3 1.8t and does it alter the performance at all?

    thanks everyone.
    Ive got a set....pm,d

  5. #4
    beachbuggy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,727
    Hi, I'm fitting coilovers on my S3 this afternoon so will have a pair of springs if it helps? If you're happy to pay the postage and a couple of quid for a beer you are more than welcome to them. Let me know

  6. #5
    3hZ
    Audi's make the world go round

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post
    quattro springs are different to fwd
    So Quattro springs are different to the basic 1.8T? Only ask because my F/O/S coil spring went a couple weeks back, went to a firm called BMS and they got me a spring but slightly different to the original. Had no problems so far.
    4 Springs and a duck please.

  7. #6
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hZ View Post
    So Quattro springs are different to the basic 1.8T? Only ask because my F/O/S coil spring went a couple weeks back, went to a firm called BMS and they got me a spring but slightly different to the original. Had no problems so far.
    Fronts not so much. Rear suspension setup is very different, as there is a driveshaft coming to the wheel which has to have room made for it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  8. #7
    3hZ
    Audi's make the world go round

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Fronts not so much. Rear suspension setup is very different, as there is a driveshaft coming to the wheel which has to have room made for it.
    Yeah I know, mines the 1.8T Quattro. Just thought i'd ask. Better to be safe than sorry! lol
    4 Springs and a duck please.

  9. #8
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hZ View Post
    Yeah I know, mines the 1.8T Quattro. Just thought i'd ask. Better to be safe than sorry! lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  10. #9
    666markyboy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oldham, Manchester
    Posts
    1,089
    I changed them on my Quatty last year after it failed it's MOT on one being broken........ they wern't that exspensive as i remember from |GSF and the salesman noted that they were the same item as fitted to the TT
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

  11. #10
    S3KO4's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    850
    cheers, everyone, I will have look at the weekend just to be sure. once I find out, I will let one of you guys know, to take your old springs. I asked because a mate offered me his old ones, and I was not convinced it would be the same, for the same reasons mentioned above.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

  12. #11
    S3KO4's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbuggy View Post
    Hi, I'm fitting coilovers on my S3 this afternoon so will have a pair of springs if it helps? If you're happy to pay the postage and a couple of quid for a beer you are more than welcome to them. Let me know
    Hi, BeachBuggy, I am only after one spring, to save on weight as well, please let me know how much you are after I will paypal it to you. cheers.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

  13. #12
    minimatto's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    57
    I had same problem so have 1 rear spring if you need it, just pay me for carriage.

  14. #13
    From Show... to GO

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    436
    i need one rear spring for my S3.. anyone got one spare?

  15. #14
    S3KO4's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    850
    I have a spare one, but it's not at the best condition..
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

  16. #15
    chapmanvr6's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    80
    think i also have a spare set knocking about in the garage, as someone else said, very used but in functionable condition.

  17. #16
    From Show... to GO

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    436
    got one sorted from minimatto, it's in the post now, so i should have it tomorrow.. thanks again matt

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO