AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

snapped S3 rear spring / coil

Hi, everyone

The cold weather plus age, has snapped one of my rear spring, I found the C shape coil under the car! I think it is a bit less common issue, but was wondering if I could use a coil from an A3 1.8t and does it alter the performance at all?

thanks everyone.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    quattro springs are different to fwd

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    Hi, everyone

The cold weather plus age, has snapped one of my rear spring, I found the C shape coil under the car! I think it is a bit less common issue, but was wondering if I could use a coil from an A3 1.8t and does it alter the performance at all?

thanks everyone.
    Ive got a set....pm,d

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, I'm fitting coilovers on my S3 this afternoon so will have a pair of springs if it helps? If you're happy to pay the postage and a couple of quid for a beer you are more than welcome to them. Let me know

3hZ
    Audi's make the world go round

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post
    quattro springs are different to fwd
    So Quattro springs are different to the basic 1.8T? Only ask because my F/O/S coil spring went a couple weeks back, went to a firm called BMS and they got me a spring but slightly different to the original. Had no problems so far.
    4 Springs and a duck please.

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hZ View Post
    So Quattro springs are different to the basic 1.8T? Only ask because my F/O/S coil spring went a couple weeks back, went to a firm called BMS and they got me a spring but slightly different to the original. Had no problems so far.
    Fronts not so much. Rear suspension setup is very different, as there is a driveshaft coming to the wheel which has to have room made for it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

3hZ
    Audi's make the world go round

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Fronts not so much. Rear suspension setup is very different, as there is a driveshaft coming to the wheel which has to have room made for it.
    Yeah I know, mines the 1.8T Quattro. Just thought i'd ask. Better to be safe than sorry! lol
    4 Springs and a duck please.

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hZ View Post
    Yeah I know, mines the 1.8T Quattro. Just thought i'd ask. Better to be safe than sorry! lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

5th Gear

Status
    I changed them on my Quatty last year after it failed it's MOT on one being broken........ they wern't that exspensive as i remember from |GSF and the salesman noted that they were the same item as fitted to the TT
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

4th Gear

Status
    cheers, everyone, I will have look at the weekend just to be sure. once I find out, I will let one of you guys know, to take your old springs. I asked because a mate offered me his old ones, and I was not convinced it would be the same, for the same reasons mentioned above.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbuggy View Post
    Hi, I'm fitting coilovers on my S3 this afternoon so will have a pair of springs if it helps? If you're happy to pay the postage and a couple of quid for a beer you are more than welcome to them. Let me know
    Hi, BeachBuggy, I am only after one spring, to save on weight as well, please let me know how much you are after I will paypal it to you. cheers.

Neutral

Status
    I had same problem so have 1 rear spring if you need it, just pay me for carriage.

From Show... to GO

Status
    i need one rear spring for my S3.. anyone got one spare?

4th Gear

Status
    I have a spare one, but it's not at the best condition..

Neutral

Status
    think i also have a spare set knocking about in the garage, as someone else said, very used but in functionable condition.

From Show... to GO

Status
    got one sorted from minimatto, it's in the post now, so i should have it tomorrow.. thanks again matt