A3 8l wheel preferences?

Jordan1.8t

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently sold my BBS LM reps, now I'm in the Market fr another set of wheels,

I've got coilovers on my car and I'm preferably looking for 18's

I want something oemish looking.

But I also love the euro look, nothing mad just cleaned :)

Any got any ideas of what sort of wheels I could go for?

Need some inspiration

Jordan

Na mate, I sold mine due to little chavs in corsa's round my area having the 16" reps

They had to go lol

I bought some BBS RC's (18") - I like them....
BBSRC2.jpg

yeah i definatly like the rc's. been looking at the ch's aswell.

ino its not oemish at all but ive looked at mam mt1's aswell lol

mam mt1's do look good on the a3/s3 i was considering them but thought better of it, rc's look good but need to be concaved to look at there best. if you want to look oem/euro id go for ch's staggered and have them sitting nicely on the edge of the arch

mam mt1's do look good on the a3/s3 i was considering them but thought better of it, rc's look good but need to be concaved to look at there best. if you want to look oem/euro id go for ch's staggered and have them sitting nicely on the edge of the arch

i had mam MT1s on my euro style stilo, sold it last month though for the S3, who would have thought a stilo could be a feature car haha

Yeah I like all of the above choices, s4's look the nuts but are hard to come by,

I like the idea of the ch's. 8j front 9j rears?

What size tires should I get for them?

Jordan

depends if your need them stretched etc??

Ive just got a set of 19" bmw x5 rims for my s3 but if i were to go for 18s it would have been between ch reps 9" round as theyre more dished on the 9's with 225 40s, or havin the wider arches on the s3 i was gonna dare myself and try rota grids 9.5 all round! Depends what you want and how you want them sitting. Ch reps are always a safe bet :)

The 3.2 TT's came with 18's as an option - quite similar to the S4's but they will be a direct fit.

I can't find any pics at the moment but no doubt there will be some in the A3/S3 pics thread.

I have 19" RS6 wheels on my A3 and im quite happy with them!

I think 18's would actually look even better to be honest

Shameless pics (click to enlarge)

Last edited:
Right I'm pretty much decided now, either rep ch's or
Genuine ck's what do people think?

Jordan

How much u wanna spend? If u got moneys for genuine cks i would get the ch's on decent rubber then have cash spare for uprated arb's or another mod :)

Genuine ck's are £888 on rim style
Genuine ch's are £1297 on rimstyle

Both without tyres...
Set of 225 40 18 Goodyear eagle f1s are £475 delivered from can skill

I thought the ck's are nice plus there cheaper than the ch's

Sorry thought u said ch reps.. in which case are around 450...900 with top rubber... thus even compared to gettin the ck's... leaves you around 450.. enough for another top mod of your choice! The cks are nice but i think more suited to the 8p shape personally.

CH reps
decent rubber
uprated arbs or remap or summit

and the rest in fuel to go moochin with haha

simples!!!

CH reps
decent rubber
uprated arbs or remap or summit

and the rest in fuel to go moochin with haha

simples!!!

no peeps you got it all wrong, ch reps yes and decent rubber but not arbs you need some ap coilovers to get the 'STANCE'

a couple of pics for you

1781420-2.jpg

1828302-2.jpg

1772755-2.jpg

1667954-1.jpg

1775100-3.jpg

1810902-2.jpg

Reactions: geoffrey atta
Unless you live somewhere where it never rains I'd strongly suggest Uniroyal Rainsport 2s at the new reduced price of £88 (18s) from camskill...
Just bought another one today to replace one puntured by a pothole.

Thanks for all the help people, really appreciate it :)

I'll get some pictures up once I've got the wheels sorted

Jordan