Best time of year for a Ring trip?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I know probably not the correct section BUT i know a few 8l members have been and plan to go again...
What times of year are good and what are bad ? Is the weather the only thing to consider before planning a trip??

I heard about this.
Is it realy likely?
I mean i understand the land the track sits on is worth a bob or two but the income it makes over a year most be worth keeping it open?

yeah, we went in easter banbk holiday... big mistake. so cold and wet.

Good i hope they do go bankrupt the thieving barstewards.

No way that place will go. Ever. Manufacturers need it, the money they put into it, it's ********.

Check the ring calender for public days, and weekdays are good, weekends are rubbish for track, far to busy. If it rains, avoid. Personally

Theiving ....?
You know the prices and the risks before you go on?
The worst happens... you were warned?

Laps: 22euros each
If you crash, 500euro per metre of Armco.
Plus track closure charge and recovery charge.

Expensive yeh, but worth it, worth every penny imo

i went May last year, very hot, dry weather. ring was pretty empty if you go when it first opens

going again from the 29th april till the 2nd of May of this year. hoping it will be good like last year :)

Been many times and ok the summer may lower the %%% ut in three days in may had bright sun, rain and snow.

Best advice I could give
1) is go on an organised track day. Public days mean all sorts between bikers who have taken their brains out before doning the crash helmet, to a group of nuns in a transit parked up at the carousel
2) get some on board footage (Klaus Ludwig did some great on board laps in Dtm) beforehand, and dont think you know the place in a day - you wont, the track will change, eg oil from pine needles,
3) have fun - its a given

cheers

I want to arrange a trip late April early may time, first trip so really hope the weather holds out!

Theiving ....?
You know the prices and the risks before you go on?
The worst happens... you were warned?

Well I wasn't referring to that, but would be intresting to know if they profit from their customers misfortune like that. I was referring to their mental hotel costs, the fact they banned RSR from the ring so people had to use their own rental company... They also lure you there with a rollercoaster that seems like it will never be finished. Speaking to a mate the otherday who seems to know alot about the political side of it, basically the business men who have the lease on the ring have made it all go tits up, lying about admission figures causing unnecessary investment. Now they cannot get money back and trying to claw back money how they can. But obviously the track is state owned so will never really shut or go bankrupt. Maybe some vital facts missed out? But that about sums it up.

Anyone know when the 2011 nurburgring calender will be announced??

Well ive booked the three days 26/27/28 of april off work as it tags together the two bank holidays. meaning 11 day holidays at cost of 3 from my allowance !
Wouldnt mind going then if i get my brake issue sorted

i started a group trip thread in the events section when i got back from last time. people will want to go at all sorts of different times though so it'l result in about 5 different trips. i was going to look at discount ferry crossings and the likes.