to get my Avus wheels refirbed or powder coated???

danger S3

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide whether to get my wheels reburbed and sprayed or to get them powder coated

I would probably just be keeping them as the same original silver colour

what which would be the most cost effective and least likely to start messing up?

both are good mate tbh. can i ask why? you not interested in new wheels? like different ones?

Powder coated here leaves a nice and durable finish .

I had mine powdercoated in a charcoal colour, very impressed and a very durable finish too.

both are good mate tbh. can i ask why? you not interested in new wheels? like different ones?

i had thought about getting some new ones which were 9 spoke i think maybe rs4 ones (can't really remember) but i quite like the avus ones and i think ill just get them tarted up. and i also thought about getting them maybe pearlecant anthracite but i think that might make it all too black so thinking the silver.

if there powder coated will the centre caps still fit in?

and does anyone know a good powder coater in Edinburgh that will take the tyres off and refit them after?

mine also powder coated and looks like a factory finish

center caps will still fit

mine were done at manchester wheel specalists

I know they are not vag alloys but these were mine before & after (powdercoated)
005.jpg
011.jpg
billing2009043.jpg

:yum: they look really great now, defiantly worth it

has anyone in Edinburgh tried Pentland Precision Engineering (PPE) for powder coating?

Used these guys lots had wheels and bike frames done by them good prices especially at trade ;)
Lots of the garages round here use them and turn around is usually pretty quick, probs cheaper if you just take the alloys round
They will blast and powdercoat the wheels however centre caps on avus are plastic and you will have to paint them if going for a colour change
Ask for Peter he's the main man