Urgent help needed (Torque settings)

doublem_1

Reaction score
I'm about to start doing my brake pads and discs today and would like to know the torque settings for the calipers and carriers (front and rear) its a 52 Tdi Quattro. I tried installing elsawin but have had trouble with it.

Any help would be great :)

Only know fronts off top of my head as i've just replaced my front discs and pads yesterday. Front guide pins (allen key bolt 8mm) is 25Nm, and caliper bracket bolts (18mm socket) are 125Nm. Wheel nuts are 120Nm.

Loosen bleed nipple too before removing caliper from bracket, (11mm socket), it's alot harder to do when you have it off. If you wanted take full caliper off and give it a clean up and check piston goes back in smoothly. To do that you'd need a hose clamp and to undo the brake pipe, again this is a 11mm socket. Just make sure everything is clean, especially the mating surfaces of the brake pipe.

Last edited:
Anyone know the settings for the rears?

Also after doing the fronts today I think I may have bent one of the spring clips out of shape slightly because when I put it on it doesnt't seem to sit properly, like all the way in. It's held in there but seems close to the wheel. Is there anything I can do?

Anyone know the settings for the rears?

Also after doing the fronts today I think I may have bent one of the spring clips out of shape slightly because when I put it on it doesnt't seem to sit properly, like all the way in. It's held in there but seems close to the wheel. Is there anything I can do?

The caliper carrier to the trailing arm is 65Nm and the two caliper bolts to the slider pins are 35Nm and should be replaced with new bolts.
As for your front spring, you could take the wheel off and have another bash at the spring. take both springs off and check them against each other to see if it is the spring or someting on the caliper blocking it.

Also for your info, the guide pins on the front are 28Nm not 25. Don't know if that 3 less will make a difference but I know I would be checking...

Ok thanks dude, I torqued them to 30nm anyway because thats the lowest setting on my torque wrench, I have new bolts for the rears. I went to a scrappies today and got a spare spring clip thats in the correct shape lol so I'll slap it on tomorrow. Thanks for the help buddy.