Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

how to remove side light bulbs?

got my led bulbs through (thanks Cage) but i cant get the bilbs out of my car. I got the cap of the back of the headlight cluster and i cen get my fingers on the back of the sidelight bulb holder but then what?? it doesnt want to just pull out? does it twist? do i have to take the headlight cluster out and how would i go about this??

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Warmonger

Status

Re: how to remove side light bulbs?

just pull it out - it comes straight out
    i yanked mine on the cord and out it came (poss not reccommended but hey!?!?)

do the side opp the battery first as ul have more room and see what i mean

bit o muscle tussle with it

tell me what they are like ??? am considering getting them for mine as i dont like the yellowish appearance of the current ones i got

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    got my led bulbs through (thanks Cage) but i cant get the bilbs out of my car. I got the cap of the back of the headlight cluster and i cen get my fingers on the back of the sidelight bulb holder but then what?? it doesnt want to just pull out? does it twist? do i have to take the headlight cluster out and how would i go about this??

thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull and twist and swear and kick. They can be a real b*tch to get out!

Rich

4th Gear

Status

so pull on the actual holder? is getting the headlight out a real pain aswell cause i want to change the main beam bulb aswell

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    so pull on the actual holder? is getting the headlight out a real pain aswell cause i want to change the main beam bulb aswell

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you'll see two wires go into a black housing which holds the bulb, you just need to pull this straight back.
    If you can avoid it then don't remove the headlamps, which although is easy you may need to get them realigned, unless you can mark them up accurately. The main beams should be easy enough, and probably if you want to save time doing the whole job you should remove the battery which is literally 5 mins of work and will save you f'in and blindin.

1st Gear

Status

yeah just pull the thing i done mine last week, real pain in the arse as theres no room in behind the lights, the side opposite the battery is easier.

the actual holder is flatted top and bottom with ridges on so that you can grip it, although its dam hard to actually get hold of these grips.

just grab it the best you can and pull, no twisting needed it just pops out.

Mark

p.s. for the battery side one i found it easier by standing at teh wing and approching it from that angle rather than from the middle of the car.

1st Gear

Status

Mastermofo,

i have the same bulbs from cage and they are a huge improvement over the yellow standard bulbs and look much better with the xenons, maybe slightly more blue than the xenons.

Only concern i do have is that when just the side lights are on they do look a little too blue for my liking.
    but this doesnt really bother me as i never use just the side lights on there own anyway.

Mark

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    NWMark said:
    Mastermofo,

i have the same bulbs from cage and they are a huge improvement over the yellow standard bulbs and look much better with the xenons, maybe slightly more blue than the xenons.

Only concern i do have is that when just the side lights are on they do look a little too blue for my liking.
    but this doesnt really bother me as i never use just the side lights on there own anyway.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark,

I have some sidelight bulbs from Prism (Ring) one pair are blueish and the other give a more purple tint so may be better with your xenons. I can't remember which ones are which but one is with a single large bulb, which I think is the slightly blue one where as the other is a circle of four small LED's creating a purple tint....will have a check of the two when I get a chance....oh no need check out the link about halfway down the pic shows the brighter one as the cluster one and the single as the slightly dimmer one.

Gambba [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Warmonger

Status

crikey - when u see the standard compared with LEDs there is a shocking difference
    cannot believe how poor (functionally and cosmetically) the standard bulbs are

I have Xenons and also bought some super brilliance larger bulbs from halfords and they are great - like a light house with full beams on - so so bright

saw a golf recently with the 4 LED sidelights and thought they were a bit too blue (ala max power) for my liking but i think i will have to change as my sidelights as standard are so crap....

4th Gear

Status

well i got the sidelights out.... but the led bulb i was supplied is too big to fit back through the hole [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]