How dirty is your car?

its close ! takin my wheels off next week in preperation for winter, satndard 16's for me for the next few months! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

my rims arent laquered - its just hand polished bare alloy so that plus salt doesnt make for a nice looking wheel 4 months down the line ! plus i cant be ***** cleaning them ever other day ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nice! My car looks like that on occasion - usually after a weekend at my mothers during the autumn when the tractors have been out and about churning up the lanes. I have been stopped by the police and ordered to clean the car because the rear plate was illegible.

But actually nothing comes close to what the car looked like after 2 weeks driving around Europe last February for skiing. Genuinely manky and had gone from blue to a sort of indeterminate dark grey colour (or light grey if dry) by the time I got home.

Anyhow, back to the question.....car's quite clean at the moment - I polished it last w/end. 2 hours on the A12 tomorrow though should sort that out though esp if they've gritted!

my s3 is clean as i have only done town driving since i cleaned it on saturday.

my corrado looked like that at the weekend though!! took 4 buckets of water to clean it properly!! mud was actually caked onto the panels! nice

Mine is like that at the moment... the intercooler pipes are crusty (the are exposed) but as the car is silver, you dont notice it so much until you wash it.

Yup, my car wash FILTHY the other week - worse than ur's black S3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Even the security guard at work went out of his way and told me to wash it (which I was quite chuffed about as he's keeping a good eye out on it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) at the moment where I work, the campus is literally a building site, it's like sarajevo when looking out the window! I cleaned the number plate and lights until I washed it on Sunday, and it's just as bad again now!! Can't ****** win!

Rob

Mine hasn't been cleaned for months and is likely too, until it starts working properly. You know how it is, if the car doesn't run right then you loose interest and can't be bothered keeping it clean at all.

I think the inside of my cars worse than the first picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Mine hasn't been cleaned for months and is likely too, until it starts working properly. You know how it is, if the car doesn't run right then you loose interest and can't be bothered keeping it clean at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup!

[ QUOTE ]

I think the inside of my cars worse than the first picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

how you doing Gambba?

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mine is absolutely (red) filthy, haven't had time to wash it in the last 8 weeks.
Eventually, just to save my hands getting dirty, and getting stopped by the plod, I wiped down the tailgate and number plates.
I will never take it through a carwash, so hopefully sometime during my holidays the sun will shine.
Bought a load of Meguiars cleaning gear on my last trip to Seattle, just need the weather now.

On the subject of dirty cars, I was following a jazz blue Mk4 Golf Gti last night, and the rear end of this car was totally caked, nothing other than a good wash will reveal the registration plates, with only the part where the rear wiper swipes being clean. This car wasn't hanging around neither, but the funny thing was, he slowed down for all the speed cameras lol.

Women Daniel!!!! Dont mention them. On one day she rolled my A3 into her sister Ka by forgetting to put on the handbrake - used her legs to stop it, blew the fuse for my Xenons (?) and broke the drivers door handle from opening from the inside. She has a habit of trying to get out of the car when the doors are still locked after SHE insisted that I put the Auto lock function on! Dont know if this is linked. She also was trying to force the passenger seat back down by repeatedly banging on it "It's not staying down!". since the locking clip was now totally bent, it was hardly going to. ** rant over ** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

is this good enough?

Forrest002.JPG

Personally i think it adds to the look of your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ( i like the wheels , what are they,and is it lowered?)
Mean and aggressive not scared to get down and dirrrty!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
yeah mate.

bilsien AND H&R'S.

Ta! Eating just now, hands covered in brown sauce......

[/ QUOTE ]

@stevie S3
the wheels are the Fox RS5's aren't they? But what size? looking very good.

Spent most of the hols, with the car in the garage doing the full monty meguiars treatment, claybar, scratch x, 3 stage etc etc.

Was looking fine and dandy. The missus and I decided to take a drive up onto the Yorkshire Moors at the weekend to get some nice arty photos, as you do.

Did him upstairs want me to, did he ****, decided to open up a can of whoopar#e on me, it rained from the we hit the moors. As soon as it was back in the garage, guess what, the rain stopped.

This was a before
131770-100_0193%20edited.JPG

131770-100_0194edited.JPG

This was after

Actually doesnt look that bad on the photo, but believe me its minging. Especially after driving back home.

Guess what I'm doing at the weekend.

[ QUOTE ]
r88per said:
Spent most of the hols, with the car in the garage doing the full monty meguiars treatment, claybar, scratch x, 3 stage etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You expect us to believe that sh!t with a advertisement stating [ QUOTE ]
Car wash from £1.95

[/ QUOTE ] or [ QUOTE ]
Car wash and interior valet from £9.99

[/ QUOTE ] in your pic? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Nah man - still looking seriously sweet./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Why is it other people's cars always look cleaner than mine after a wash? With your blue being so close to mine, it reasures me that mine can look as good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rob

I thought that when I took the photos, but as the clouds where coming in I thought I'd better get snapping.

I've never taken my car through a car wash, and NEVER would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Thats why I've just spent most of the holidays in the garage with the radiator on, the radio blasting and MR Miagi's famous phrase going through my brain.

"WAX ON - WAX OFF Paulson"

Its took me a over a year to get around to giving it the full going over it was aching for, but its done now. The guy who had the car before me must of been a Carwash king, the swirl marks have took me ages to get out. But now its gleaming and as flat as glass.

Claybar's Rock

[ QUOTE ]
r88per said:

Thats why I've just spent most of the holidays in the garage with the radiator on, the radio blasting and MR Miagi's famous phrase going through my brain.

"WAX ON - WAX OFF Paulson"

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But now its gleaming and as flat as glass.

Claybar's Rock

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm - claybar you say...might have to look into getting me a one of dem!

Living up here in the Smog of the North we need them.
Having worked on Chemical sites for 10 years you'd be suprised whats landing all over your pride and joy.
All of the sh#te that we put up in the air where I work (a bit of Sulphuric acid vapour Sir?), that floats about a bit, then lands on our cars, is taken off with this thing.

Do yourself a favour and buy one, "Quick detailing claybar system".

Just as a test, clean your car then polish it. Then rub your clean hands over the paintwork, does it feel bitty? Mine did, totally sh#tted right up. This thing takes it all off.

Looks stunning Paul! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Absolutely stunning Paul.

I've gotta move..and get me a place with a garage, so i can take care of/mod my car properly!! Problem with prices the way they are the mo - i'd have to sell my car/liver/mum etc!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looking well Paul.

Car sits real good. What suspension you on? Can tell a mile away they are real RS4s either that or they are damn good copy's!

Thanks Leon, they are 19" apparantly crap for handling but great for winebars!

That'll be me!

Thanks for the comments guys, Mr Miagi said that ll the hard work would pay off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I just wish I'd left it in the garage until the rain had stopped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stevie - the suspension is, MTM -30mm springs with standard dampers, with 15mm rear and 10mm front spacers, and adjustable rear tie bars.
It sits quite well. Luckily it isnt bumpy either as you'd expect with lowered springs and standard dampers. I am going to change them eventually though, probably to Koni's.

Thankfully the owner before me spent a small fortune on this car prior to me taking it off his hands, so the wheels are all original. How can you tell?

That is one really nice looking S3. Looks stunning without being at all Max. Good work.

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

You can tell because the recessed edge of each spoke runs all the way up to the centres. On the copy's the recessed groove on the outer edge of each spoke fade's away to no recess at the centre of the wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The RSTT's also have that faded edge style, which differs to the RS4's.

Why is it that the rear of the S3 always get so much dirtier than the rest of the car? I've owned a few hatchbacks in the past, but non seem to attract dirt to the boot and rear bumper area as much as the S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its possibly due to the aerodynamics of the car.When its cold and theres condensation coming from your exhaust, have you noticed the updraft at the rear of the car, whils driving?
Its s if the exhaust gasses, crap from the road etc is sucked up the rear of the car.

Its a nitemare last time i washed my car drove to work and back a couple of times front and sides still all nice and cleanish but the back was sh!t up so i could see the plate and that was when i was stood next to it,dam farmers draging mud allover the plaice.