Dilema on fitting driving lights...

Gambba

Reaction score
Yes it's been a while since I posted, but I see I still have a healthy number of posts compared to most....

Anyway the dilemma is that I have got some Xenon/HID ancillary lights that I received free from one of my very generous suppliers along with the rest of the lighting accessories he sends me for test. So it would be a shame just to waste the units on a forklift and decided that they would look far better on my car.... but where should I fit them.

Bearing in mind my car is pre-facelift and as such did not have fogs in the lower valance, so this is where I want mine. Wiring is easy for them and they are operated by remote control so it's a doodle from this aspect, but I really cannot get my head round to fit them!!

So to give an idea I photoshopped 2 pics, the first is the standard sort of look, but the problem is it blocks part of the intercooler and it's very restrictive in terms of actual space there.

And the second option, which is easier fitment from what I can see, but it doesn't look as good in my eyes.

Or should I just not bother and give them away to someone on here for a better home? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

What if you mount them on the outside of the middle section... Not sure how it would look though.

i think they would look good in either position but can you tuck them under the bumper more? so they are less visable but still give good lighting. like the OE fogs.. they are tucked back right out of the way.

Hmm, not sure dude. I don't see too much wrong w/option 2 (except the fact that it's TOTALLY non-oem) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How "Off" would it look if you put them to the inside of the tow hook? It would block SOME airflow, but the more direct flow in front is maintained / increased /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fog_plate_removed.sized.jpg

Good to see you're back home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well I've kinda done it now (With a stanley knife) and decided that they look better on the outer edges as per the OEM fitment. In order to overcome the IC flow problem I've taken out a peice that sits just under the tow hook/IC intake area, which as far as I can see Audi should of done in the first place...which hopefully will compensate for the restriction from the lamp.

Will try and tuck them as far back as possible and try to allow them some adjustment.....

The lamps are a bit of an odd shape but I think they look rather good, or is that different....see for yourself they're RING Ultra Vision 2 Xenon driving lamps.

P.S. It's good to be back...for the time being anyway, until I have to start working again and then I'll probably have no time for here again.

Can you beleive it I got another speeding ticket on Monday for 145 Euros after only that morning paying around 400 Euros of other tickets off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Dude, I wish I had something to say about the tickets.... but all I can do is laugh, and shake my head a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all good I've got my license back now after those nasty Dutch poilce people took it off me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif And I'm still waiting for them to send me the fine for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Ah I haven't been too far and as you can see I've still been having fun!!...more horizontal than 200km/h vertical for a change!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif