whats you millage on your cars

2002 1.8T and just hit 52k miles, would have owned it 6 years in Feb 11, serviced every 5-6k / yearly, mine seems to have had most of the common faults including,

-Rear wiper jet thing not working, did fix but broke again.
-CD stuck in multiplayer
-Alternator went and had to be placed, though bit suspious how it failed as it only stopped working on the drive back from body shop after new front bumper fitted.
-Rear break piston thing sticking.
-Central front arm rest broke, been fixed.

A part from above care is mint, alloys could do with refurb and new breaks etc need shortly. I would get something newer but this car does everything I need and I dont really do the miles to justify somthing just sitting on the drive.

Last edited:
2001 S3 - 108k, used every day with no major problems, just replaced snapped anti roll bar and bushes. Purchased Jan 2003 with 19k, so almost had it 8 years!!

Thanks,
Dave

2000 facelift 210BHP - 122000 miles with complete service history - one previous owner from new.

Recent clutch, flywheel, rear trailing arm bushes, front suspension bushes, front CV joints. Plus a service and haldex oil and filter.

Next up - cambelt and waterpump @ 130000 mile service + a replacement Xenon assembly (when I can get my hands on one!)

My S3 was born in Oct 2002 (52 plate) and she's on 102k.

Mileage is just a number to me. My cars are pampered, loved and well cared for so hopefully it will still be going just as perfectly when it hits 200k :)

142K Only normal wear and tear, Cambelt snapped at 80k but that was original owners fault.

I've only got 11k miles left before it reaches 100k during my ownership :) (19k to 119k)

Dave

2003 A3 1.8TQS 78K

Last edited:
104k AMK S3, 'Stat's just been replaced but otherwise alot of servicing TLC but nothing major, drives better then all the others i test drove with ~50k less on.

2002 bam engined S3: 80k
has had in 2 years of ownership

full clutch assembly inc slave cylinder
new brakes all round
alternator
haldex service
new coilpacks
coilovers fitted due to snapped spring
cambelt and water pump at 74k
crank and cam sensor.

sounds like i bought a right bag of bolts compared to some of you haha, never really let me down though. all simple and cheap fixes and love it to bits.

2002 bam engined S3: 80k
has had in 2 years of ownership

full clutch assembly inc slave cylinder
new brakes all round
alternator
haldex service
new coilpacks
coilovers fitted due to snapped spring
cambelt and water pump at 74k
crank and cam sensor.

sounds like i bought a right bag of bolts compared to some of you haha, never really let me down though. all simple and cheap fixes and love it to bits.

A4 2.0TFSIq Avant. 32,000 miles on a 56 plate. Bought it Dec 2009 last year with 16,000 miles on it.

Snapped rear spring, fixed under warrenty. Other than that, all hunky dorey (touch wood)

109,000 w reg S3, owned for just over 4 years, had coilpacks replaced by previous owner. I've had 3 springs replaced, both arbs, lower wishbones, coolant header tank, thermostat, clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder, clutch went at 104k iirc. Over all its been pretty trouble free, nothing major has ever gone wrong with it.

2005 A3 2.0 TDi
Clutch on 10,000 (Recall)
Turbo Dissintegrated on 67,000

Now running 74,000

2001 AMK S3 64k

Snapped spring & thermostat in 18 months of ownership
Cambelt & waterpump ect tomorrow :rolleyes:

2000 s3 122,000 full Audi history so really didn't concern me when I bought it

2001 A3, 141k, still looks and drives great, gonna do its second cam belt change next weekend.

105,500km (~66,000 miles) - bought at 104,000km

It's already had a recent haldex service, new clutch, the major service (cambelt etc), temp sender and the clutch pedal fix.

I've done:
Black Forge 007 (it had some barry boy "GFB" diverter valve that was bust)
New coilpacks (Audi replaced one under recall but I changed them all to bolt downs)
New plugs (BKR7EIX)
Couple of new hoses (silicon)
Gave it a minor service - Mobil1 0w40 oil, fuel and air filter (standard VAG)
G200 sensor
Clutch switch

Madness eh? I'm also about to fit a Haldex blue controller as I can hear the some groaning which, from what I've read, can be the controller. Can't do any harm to upgrade while I'm there! ;) The thermostat isn't keeping the temp at 90 either on a long run so I need to swap that out too. Probably do a coolant flush with new G12 at the same time.

Bought my 2001 AMK august 2010 on 65k now on 73k, only probs were coil packs, 2 oil breather hoses. I'm happy with that

S3 apy serviced regular 175,000 it still goes really well 275bhp
Going to have rebuild at the end of the year

2001 A3 sport 88k bought over 3years ago on 77k. no major problems (so far) only thing that does my head in is the alternator makes a stupid noise when starting now n again.

179k ASZ TDI. Mechanically stock, still on original turbo and clutch, drives brilliantly too.

Will need a clutch when it's mapped though, I'd like to get a bigger turbo too.

Mines an early '01 Amk on 87K.

things that have broken on their own
Replaced all 4 coil packs
The clutch pedal snapped

I have preventatively changed
The Clutch
DMF
MAF
Full service (spark plugs, oil, oil filter)

mine i think is 115k.. fully rebuilt to big spec..

2002 BAM S3 - 67k, owned for 4.5 years with 1 previous owner.

Slave clutch cylinder
Front springs
Rear springs
Steering rack
Drivers door lock to fix door is open warning
Cambelt and waterpump
Regular servicing
Right read ABS speed sensor
Possible ABS pump :(

1999 V 18.t done 63k when I got her a year ago now done 71k. Had all wear and tear parts brakes tyres ect, but does have a lumping noise when you go round corners. I've serviced her well and I have got all previous invoices for services at audi and other garages too. Not bad for an old car.

I got my 1999 1.8t agu in oct with 184k on it :huh:
an all was good for about a week then it all started
1. clutch went replaced along with flywheel
2. i thought on of my coil packs were gone which later turned out to be an ignition module
3. both track rods an ends had to be replaced
4. then my brake master cylinder & servo went

then i had enough and sold it in feb problems gone:thumbsup:

it was to slow anyway (lol) cant wait till i get the S3 tough :eyebrows:

1.6 Sport. 1999 120k miles. Had the car from brand new. Most of the parts mentioned replaced due to wear and tear, 2 months ago got a new head. My baby has cost me a small fortune over the years. But I haven't got the heart to get rid yet.