Upgrades

A3 Oly

Reaction score
Right , i have just sold my 5 gt turbo project for 500 notes. what i am wondering is what this would be best spent on a stock a3 1.8t 98 NDBW. i have already sorted a remap wich i am waiting on so 500 is for goodies to compliment the map.

Any suggestions?

Cheers boys and girls

Exhaust and induction, let the beast breathe. A custom system like MIJ or longlife can make for you. And Jetex cone filter and silicone tip. Them alone are night and day difference

thanks mate. i think i would be pushing over 500 squid for a tb back zaust and the others u mentiond wouldnt i? I have heard a hell of a lot of good things about the jetex, are they the same as the JR? I have a pipercross panel filter in at the mo wich i am unsure how much of a difference it is making maybe on paper it may show but the feel of the engine is the same.....

silicone tip
bailey or forge dv
jetex cone

depending on how you much you get these, also get a vagcom lead

i think i would be a fool not to get VAGCOM tbh. should be one of my first purchases and this it will be. Its all well and good making it go faster but when it brakes it would be nice to have some sort of clue why...

it would seem the leads are quite cheap on ebay, and the license for lite is 63 odd squid so i reckon 70-75?

Proper / original cable - circa 240

cheap Chinese copy cables / not full function 8-9quid