Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    If in doubt, flat out

Status

Engine wiring geek needed... cant find where this one cable goes! =/

right blanked off my air thingymabob.. that black mini dustbin under the airbox :P

cant remember the name of it.. minds gone blank!

EDIT: secondary air injection..

ANYWAY.. there are a few cables hanging about from when my new engine has been fitted... cant find a plug for them!

on the same harness as that air thing (square connector with a metal clip).. there is the bonnet catch senor which i connected up and something else.. thick two pin plug with two thick wires into the block with thick black conduit around it..

does anyone have a picture/wiring diagram??

long shot but i searched for a good long while earlier!!
    Last edited by rob_sri; 31st December 2010 at 01:38.
    S3 Stage 1 Map, Forge 007p, Jetex filter, JE Forged pistons and scat rods, ARP bottom end bolts + stud and nut kit fited with race ported head, 3" Downpipe + Full Ashley system, lowered on ebaich pro springs, white RS6's, HID headlights n fogs, dewipered..not bad for a few weeks modding .. Hertz Mille 3000 + Audison SR1DK, + coilovers coming soon!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    pictures may help

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Wire colours would help us tbh as can check elsawin then aswell.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

If in doubt, flat out

Status
    They are yellow with red stripe and a brown pics to follow
    S3 Stage 1 Map, Forge 007p, Jetex filter, JE Forged pistons and scat rods, ARP bottom end bolts + stud and nut kit fited with race ported head, 3" Downpipe + Full Ashley system, lowered on ebaich pro springs, white RS6's, HID headlights n fogs, dewipered..not bad for a few weeks modding .. Hertz Mille 3000 + Audison SR1DK, + coilovers coming soon!

If in doubt, flat out

Status

If in doubt, flat out

Status
    the one im holding is the one in question i think the other is for the secondary air thingymabob

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats a meaty ******* aswell so must be for something that needs a fair bit of current, fan or something, can you tell me these things:
    1. Whats the black housing part number on each connector shown, should be 10-11 alphanumeric digits
    2. What year is the original engine from
    3. What was the original engine & box codes
    4. What colour wires are the other connectors

If in doubt, flat out

Status
    1. 1j0 973 732
    2&3. 99 APY not too sure about the box.. whatever came standard on the S3
    4. the other one in the pic with the metal clasp is green with a yellow stripe and brown with a yellow stripe

Cheers dude

this is doing my swede in! cant find a home for it anywhere!

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Is that not the plug that goes on the knock/timing sensor? The one on the front of the manifold area left of the oil dip stick?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    That is for the SAI. You can leave, but it will give error codes on vagcom or you can fit a resistor across the terminals, can't remember the value but it can be got from maplins though. I'll have a look to see if I can find the info. I do know there was a guy on edition38 selling a custom plug with resistor for about 8.

6th Gear

Status
    10w 330omhs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    99 apy SAP has a white wire with red stripe & brown, you sure its yellow & not discoloured white?

That connector isnt showing for 99 apy or 8L in general in etka, but etka has been known to be wrong & given age of apy it could just not be listed, whats the smaller wire connector part number & recheck large one aswell please.