Engine wiring geek needed... cant find where this one cable goes! =/

rob_sri

If in doubt, flat out
Reaction score
right blanked off my air thingymabob.. that black mini dustbin under the airbox :p

cant remember the name of it.. minds gone blank!

EDIT: secondary air injection.. :)

ANYWAY.. there are a few cables hanging about from when my new engine has been fitted... cant find a plug for them!

on the same harness as that air thing (square connector with a metal clip).. there is the bonnet catch senor which i connected up and something else.. thick two pin plug with two thick wires into the block with thick black conduit around it..

does anyone have a picture/wiring diagram??

long shot but i searched for a good long while earlier!! :wacko:

Last edited:
pictures may help

Wire colours would help us tbh as can check elsawin then aswell.

They are yellow with red stripe and a brown pics to follow

166460_486154084863_515699863_6069547_182348_n.jpg

the one im holding is the one in question :) i think the other is for the secondary air thingymabob

Thats a meaty ******* aswell so must be for something that needs a fair bit of current, fan or something, can you tell me these things:
  1. Whats the black housing part number on each connector shown, should be 10-11 alphanumeric digits
  2. What year is the original engine from
  3. What was the original engine & box codes
  4. What colour wires are the other connectors

1. 1j0 973 732
2&3. 99 APY not too sure about the box.. whatever came standard on the S3
4. the other one in the pic with the metal clasp is green with a yellow stripe and brown with a yellow stripe

Cheers dude :)

this is doing my swede in! cant find a home for it anywhere!

That is for the SAI. You can leave, but it will give error codes on vagcom or you can fit a resistor across the terminals, can't remember the value but it can be got from maplins though. I'll have a look to see if I can find the info. I do know there was a guy on edition38 selling a custom plug with resistor for about £8.

99 apy SAP has a white wire with red stripe & brown, you sure its yellow & not discoloured white?

That connector isnt showing for 99 apy or 8L in general in etka, but etka has been known to be wrong & given age of apy it could just not be listed, whats the smaller wire connector part number & recheck large one aswell please.