Can you recommend a Boost Gauge?

hahahaha, dont blam you its an awsome little touch

credit where credits due Kev, you were the inspiration for me doing mine... I have passed on the word ;P

<tuffty/>

were all here for the same thing at the end of the day, you and others have helped me in the past and no doubt the feutre... well there will always be the odd trade secret :)

Right, gonna have a look at plumbing/wiring it in tomoro. The vacuum tube, wheres best to pull it through? Even with the A pillar off theres hardly any room,so should i feed out from the engine bay in, and try to get hold of it? Or can it be put in from inside then grab it from in the bay? Or should i remove anything, ie any parts of the dash?

And for power, i want it to come on with ignition,like all the other lights, bit as its LED i dont think i can have it dimming too :( as tuffty pointed out.
So wheres the best and easiest accesible ignition live?

Cheers

Right, gonna have a look at plumbing/wiring it in tomoro. The vacuum tube, wheres best to pull it through? Even with the A pillar off theres hardly any room,so should i feed out from the engine bay in, and try to get hold of it? Or can it be put in from inside then grab it from in the bay? Or should i remove anything, ie any parts of the dash?

And for power, i want it to come on with ignition,like all the other lights, bit as its LED i dont think i can have it dimming too :( as tuffty pointed out.
So wheres the best and easiest accesible ignition live?

Cheers

You will need to remove the lower dash panel on the drivers side by removing the panel on the side of the dash (unclips and reviels the fuse box), undo the screws holding the lower panel (check which ones as not all the screws there are for the lower panel), undo screws along the bottom of the lower panel then its held by two pop fittings either side of the steering column... feed the vac hose down the gap at the bottom of the 'A' pillar and it will come out into the lower dash area...

I drilled a hole in the black cover on the scuttle (drivers side) where the wiring loom comes out... you have to remove the wiper arms then the plastic scuttle trim to gain best access... I drilled a hole big enough for the grommet and used some sealant too... I ran the pipe along the wiring (cable tied) in the scuttle (past the ECU etc) then routed it through the plastic trunking that exits the passenger side of the scuttle... doing this not only keeps things neat but keeps it away from the heat generated by the exhaust and turbo... I exited the bottom of the trunking under the air box (remove this to get better access) and then routed across so I could tee from the FPR pipe... its advisable to look into protecting the plastic vac pipe by shrouding it with a bit of silicon hose or rubber hose of similar diameter to protect it and while you are at it check and replace if needed the FPR pipe with a silicon one as these pipes are rubbish the minute you disturb them... the cloth covering they have disintegrates and then they lose all integrity...

As for ignition live, I took mine form the back of the fuse box... the fues box is clipped in but held by 2 screws... undoing this will make it easier to get to... the back of the fuse box is clipped on and easy to remove... the wire I use was a blue wire and is the same ignition source IIRC as when retro fitting the cruise control kit... I can't remember without looking but checking but fuse 5 sounds right... check what it does first with a meter... not sure what fuse 5 feeds off hand so check its something ignition fed..

This guide on page 13 may help http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/ccs.pdf

I soldered mine and insulated it with tape... The earth can be taken from one of the earthing posts by the steering column under the dash...

<tuffty/>

I have just bought the stack gauge and pillar mount for my audi S3, just a quick question, how easy does the pillar come off? Has anyone tried to carpet the pod as the same as the pillar or will it be easier just to spray it?

It just pulls off mate, it has three pop clips,just go from the top and do one at a time or you'll damage it

I have just bought the stack gauge and pillar mount for my audi S3, just a quick question, how easy does the pillar come off? Has anyone tried to carpet the pod as the same as the pillar or will it be easier just to spray it?

its easy to cover the pod in cloth. just hard trying to find a perfect match without have to spend £££'s on buying a roof liner

Prosport boost gauge Smoke 270° peak memory

Last edited:
Looks good chris!
im happy to say..

MINE IS DONE! fitted it today, and im chuffed with the result, looks brilliant, especially in the dark!

i'll get some pics up tomorrow, also the car is holding boost perfectly at 10-11psi
im going to Bill's tomorrow for a 3" TIP fitting.

thanks for all the help guys, especially tuffty :)

Im sure i will mate
I thought id be happy with 210bhp when i got the s3..who was i trying to fool

just give it a pull it should just pop off mine did start from the top though

can anyone direct me to the FPR where to plumb the boost pipe in the engine bay please????

fuel pressure reg?

its the hose which is attached the the silver canister on the right hand side of the fuel rail.
i'll take a pic of mine if needs be?
easy to see though

Yep..if you've got a revo map. (does it settle at about 16-18?)
Should be 10-11 unmapped