So, I woke up this morning, and it was snowing. Bugger.
Oh well, trackday on Saturday, I had to crack on regardless, so I got snowed on.
Started by pushing the crush tubes for the wishbone bushes:
I liked this bit, because it was still inside!
Looking outside it didn't look too inviting:
Plenty of salt spread around and some snow shovelling, and we were ready to go
Old vs new:
You can see the difference in the front bushes here:
Then I moved onto the oil cooler.
The original arch liner got smashed up in the crash, and I've been running with it in pieces for a while now.
The new arch liner I stole from our tdi had a small crack in it, which I plastic welded up with a heat gun and a screwdriver.
Not pretty, but seems rigid enough. I added a few zip ties as well to be sure.
I cut the vented section I had made out of my old liner to use as template on the new one:
Laid out and marked:
Slots cut, just needed trimming and tidying up:
Mesh zip tied on to protect the cooler, I trimmed the ends down after the pic obviously.
Installed on the car, along with rubber bobbin mounts from Phil Miller to allow it some give:
At this point Tori thinks todays udate is very dull
Originally Posted by Tori
Anyway regardless of dullness, I bolted up the new cooler:
Couldn't work out why it was sitting so outboard. Then I realise I'd bolted it to the wrong tab on the core. D'oh!
I connected the bottom hose, then primed the cooler via the top connection:
I fired the car up and let it all get to temp, and nothing leaks, so happy days
Final thing was to bolt up the SuperT's with the 235 vredestiens fitted:
They don't look too massive on the car. I can't test drive it at the moment to check for rubbing though, so fingers crossed!