Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

Ahhh never knew mate.
watched a few vids it looks a good track. 200 is ok but 400 for sessions. Jeeeez.

Ahhh never knew mate.
watched a few vids it looks a good track. 200 is ok but 400 for sessions. Jeeeez.

Yeah doesn't surprise me on the track session price tbh....you need to remortgage the house to get a full english down there :laugh:

I've driven round on a parade lap before and it does seem a pretty decent circuit with lots of run off area if anything was to go wrong and some lovely scenary as well. Roads around the area are pretty nice also :racer:

On a side note - If you haven't been to a Supercar Sunday down there then it's possibly one of the best free car events to go to in the UK and as Nick has said the atmosphere is always great at that place.

Reactions: Prawn
It's Goodwood Daz, they don't do open pitlane at all on the whole due to noise limits.

They run a strict 10 cars per group, 4 groups per hour format, with forced breaks between sessions of the cumulative 'noise bucket' gets filled.

It's not as ideal as an open pitlane day, but a typical trackday at Goodwood costs ~£400, and this was half that, so about the cheapest way you'll get to drive the Goodwood circuit for a day. it's a great place Goodwood, cracking atmosphere there!

noise police there are so very very "keen"

To keen, the staff think they are from another planet. When the cars are going round you can hardly hear them on the back straight. AND what happens then??? a ****** pair of world war two biplanes take off and circle and you can't hear yourself speak. The irony of it is unbelievable , and that noise is heard a long way off, not just the track surrounds. The place is great though so I guess we have to put up with it.

its never been any different... I remember getting pulled in my old jetta on tbodies on drive by...
Frustrating place organisationally.. but quite fun on track. Definate "atmosphere" to the place.

Enjoy your day

the position of the noise meters is an odd one too, especially the one on the chicane exit RIGHT near the track on the side of the fast line!

oddly, I was finding I had no issues with noise if I came through there in my preferred 3rd gear, but if we followed traffic through there, and I dropped to second to get a good run out of the chicane to pass, I was tripping the drive by meters.

It's another track that we've only previously done on the 5 speed, so it'll be interesting to see how different it is on the 6 speed.

Combe was worlds different on the 6 speed ratios, it just suited the track much more than the long stock 5 speed gearset.

Hopefully goodwood will be similar and the chicane will be fairly fast in 3rd.

Nice to have a track day that's less than 45 mins from home too!

45 minutes to get to a track day!!!!!!!!
You are hardcore!!!!

What size kit you got up front and what is the kit from

Is THAT ALL, as far as the comments are concerned. I've been away for five days and all I can glean is that someone wants to know the size of our kit at the front.??? Well it's OURS, it's not from anything else, it's designed (in house) and fixed in the garage. (not in house). Hopefully this answers any questions. !!!

Hi Drue, if you go back to post 5601 on page 141 and come forward it will have a lot of info on the brakes.

Reactions: A19quattro
Went to the Pistonheads Pub Club meet at the West Meon Hut last night.

Lovely roads for the drive there and back, and good company :) Good night out!

Goodwood next weekend :)

Just taken delivery of 10 litres of Comma Motorsports 5-50 oil, so will change that over the weekend, then we're ready :)

Reactions: kwistof
Can't believe it's been over 2 years since the crash either!

So much has changed since then.

This was our first shake down post crash, which revealed a very ropey car at the time, electrical problem, brake issues, bent shocks, not to mention the bodywork mess!

2 years on, I think it's safe to say it's come a long way! Without the crash I think many things wouldn't have happened and it'd have just ticked along as it was for a while, so in a way it forced progression.

Looking forward to driving Goodwood in a better frame of mind with a decent car!

That ****** car is still photogenic with crash damage!!!
This threads done me a favor thank you mr prawn!!
Great progression.
Most would have quit i reckon.

2 years ago from when nick did start crying in a public place lol

I was alright actually, I went back to the hotel and got drunk, and that seemed to fix things, temporarily at least :laugh:

Anyone with Etka able to get me a part number?

I'd like the part number for a CDL (2.0 tfsi k04) turbo oil drain gasket, at the turbo end.

the 1.8T equivalent is 058 145 757C, I'd like the TFSI equivalent please chaps if possible!

Muchly thanks

xxx

Thanks Karl. I've picked one no from TPS today :)

Mark: not at all mate. Just doing an oil change this weekend and wanted to sort a lightly weeping oil drain and remove / clean it in the process :)

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Great Project
Great Car
the topic with lots and lots of info
congratulations

Reactions: Prawn
Oh well, here we go again, it's a time I'm not really happy with, but it has to be done. It's five days before Goodwood and I have to prepare for it, so I'm down to two bottles of red a night, maybe a beer or two, depends on the weather, and the odd Jim Beam. Started today, god it's hard. Still, it's what we drivers have to do. :yahoo: :rock:

Oh, and I forgot. I want to improve my lap times so I'm going out tomorrow to buy a Sparco fireproof race suit.:yes:

Reactions: Vex182
Oh well, here we go again, it's a time I'm not really happy with, but it has to be done. It's five days before Goodwood and I have to prepare for it, so I'm down to two bottles of red a night, maybe a beer or two, depends on the weather, and the odd Jim Beam. Started today, god it's hard. Still, it's what we drivers have to do. :yahoo: :rock:

At least someone's making an effort towards making the car faster.

Reactions: bigal 1
Al what was your last pb?
And what was the spec of the car last time?
Just make sure you dont need that suit hey mate!

I'm down to two bottles of red a night, maybe a beer or two, depends on the weather, and the odd Jim Beam. Started today, god it's hard.

I don't believe a WORD of that :laugh:

The day you turn up to a track day in a fire suit you'll be walking home :keule:

:racer: :laugh: :racer: