Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 126 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2676116119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133136 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,040 of 5811
Like Tree1062Likes

Thread: Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

6th Gear

Status
    Rota Force

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Race on in early january??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Rota Force
    Correct

Also available in white

Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Race on in early january??
    What Race chap? I'd dearly love to go racing in some form or another. but I'm not allowed to until we have bought a house
    Westy likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status
    Noticed the A3 quattro in the pics above with the orange wheels. Only seen a brief build thread on that. Dont think it was very well documented unless i was blind and missed it elsewhere.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I usually hate cars with a lot of body mods but that 8P looks like a complete beast! Love it. your car is looking pretty ace aswell prawn, bet that crash at the ring seems a million miles away now after all the improvements made since then, top job!
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

6th Gear

Status
    Theres a huge difference between functional purposeful exterior mods and fibreglass bodykits so that`ll be why your opinion has changed towards that car i bet.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    What Race chap? I'd dearly love to go racing in some form or another. but I'm not allowed to until we have bought a house
    Im feeling that pain too,
    I jokingly ment a quick 0 to 60 test ( which with any luck would be on icey or snow covered roads )
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

3rd Gear

Status
    Top job there Prawn. Bet she is a real beast to go now. Very jealous of the tfsi conversion. Had been speaking to Dan about it when I was deciding on what spec hybrid to get, but as yet still not available for the S3, although probably not a bad thing with the amount of money that I have recently spent(the receipts are there but they have not been added).
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    I usually hate cars with a lot of body mods but that 8P looks like a complete beast! Love it. your car is looking pretty ace aswell prawn, bet that crash at the ring seems a million miles away now after all the improvements made since then, top job!
    No, two million. Oh heck i'm getting confused, that was the damage to the armco.
    Prawn and Rainbird like this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Theres a huge difference between functional purposeful exterior mods and fibreglass bodykits so that`ll be why your opinion has changed towards that car i bet.
    Definitely, although it makes no sense, function seems to have an impact on how you feel about how something looks.

As i think I said at the time, when I first fitted the wing, i really didn't like it, and thought the whole thing looked a bit silly, even though it seemed to work.

Now, with the splitter added, and the whole thing looking more complete, I'm really liking how it looks, and the wing can stay!

Still needs something in the middle to balance it out, and some form of rear diffuser which plans are underway for, but that's what winter is all about
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th Gear

Status
    Have you fixed your front fence after the valeters broke it?

Status
    I've made a new half for it yea, but with the daylight gone I need to wait until the weekend to get it fitted, due to the length the air dam is made from 2 parts and glued in the middle, so I'll need to carefully separate the join and glue the new part to the old one, then drill the holes all in the right place.

Argh, ******* car wash people, no cost involved, but it's effort I could do without in this miserable weather!

In other news, the 3 year lease on the megane of joy came to an end, and work demanded that I pick something new from the awful car list to replace it.

went for something in the lowest grade to save on tax and fuel, with the least amount of doors available, and the brightest colour available at no extra cost.

End result was this, a '13 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI. Not had a chance to really drive it yet, but it seems nice enough for a free car so far, and doesn't look like a company car

2nd Gear

Status
    I drive these at work as I work for vospers ford rentals there surprisingly a nice car to be in and to drive
    Obviously you cant beat your own car but heyho ..

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Haha. Vospers crew represent.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    You can't knock a free motor you lucky sod!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    It's a nice enough car mate. Like said above its free and under warranty!

ive got a big white , uncomfortable , ****ty transit van as my company vehicle I nearly hate it, not quite but nearly...... But it's free too and a diesel card is included so I'm happy.

Sean
    Westy likes this.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

4th Gear

Status
    Most stuff is better when it's free . They're supposed to have a fun chassis underneath those new Fiesta's. There is one plus point to having a small diesel Ford hatch though Prawn, makes the A3 feel even faster when you get back in it.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

2nd Gear

Status
    Currently looking at the possibility of a splitter, full under tray, rear wing and carbon diffuser, all in Nightfire Red. Just to get it up to 80mpg from the standard spec of 75.
    Prawn and Lavis89 like this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal 1 View Post
    Currently looking at the possibility of a splitter, full under tray, rear wing and carbon diffuser, all in Nightfire Red.
    Actually, it's called 'Race Red'

Status
    Nightfire red sounds so much better
    Westy and bigal 1 like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Isnt nightfire red a rover colour??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

Status
    Sure is Paul

1st Gear

Status
    it's called nightfire, because the best thing to do is set it alight at night, and watch the pretty flames
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

2nd Gear

Status
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

2nd Gear

Status
    Ultima have cars in Nightfire Red.

1st Gear

Status
    you do know that calor gas in a diesel is like NOs in a petrol

Status
    I think I've got a 19kg bottle on the BBQ Jim, where do I plumb it in

Was wet and miserable this evening, so couldn't be bothered to take the track car for a hoon, so took the fiesta instead.

Cracking fun when you're not paying for the tyres
    voorhees, Westy and Powelly like this.

Down under

Status
    19kg BBQ bottle? That's mental. I only have an 8.5 kg
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    The locals must really look down at you! "Do you call that a BBQ mate?!"
    voorhees, Prawn, StaceyS3 and 2 others like this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    We need the bigger bottle as it needs to power the bbq for much longer, the frost needs to be melted first over here
    Westy likes this.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    And I thought everything in OZ was bigger. We have a 5kg 19 kg AND a 49 kg. Beat that.!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Prawn , Page 23 , some reading for you

TD17

Status
    Good info Jim, thanks for that, enjoyed reading it.

Winter plans are afoot, a few parts have been sourced, I'm just taking a bit of a break from the car at the moment and chilling out a bit more, it gets a bit full on at times constantly working away at it every weekend.

random bump for the sake of it and a few more pics I got sent from ADI.

Love how it looks on the white wheels:

Still have a few bits and bobs to upload from Spa that Dad took, currently on the other laptop which doesn't get fired up too often at the moment.
    jimmcgee likes this.

Down under

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    The locals must really look down at you! "Do you call that a BBQ mate?!"
    Haha, classic. Well 8.5kg is the biggest you can get down the servo (what they call a petrol station)! There's probably a decimal place missing from the UK ones 49kg would be insane. That's for welding surely!
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Status
    Finally got round to uploading a few pics Dad took at Spa, only 2 months late

Dad and I met up with Andy and Emily on the M25:

We met Jamie and Willie at Dover, jamie in the Megane Rs250, known as the Super Baguette!

Amazingly, we made it onto the ferry with minimal scraping!

On route somewhere in France:

It was lovely having the 6 speed, revs nice and low when cruising:

We somehow managed to drive past our hotel, the Radisson. No idea how:

Parked up with Jamie in the Super-Baguette:

Interesting size comparison between a late 90's hatch back and a late 2000's hatch:

Down Town Spa:

We unpacked and took a drive up to find the track.

Found it!

Eau Rouge, holy crap this is steep in real life! The TV cameras and photos really do not portray just how crazy it is!

Sam_ and ReDBull like this.

Status
    We had a few beers and a pizza, then a few more beers, and headed off to bed.

The next morning, we set off bright and early for the track:

We had to unpack all the stuff, which Andy kindly let us stash in the S4. i got on with that, whilst Dad took a load of random pictures

Then it was time to nervously que up for our first laps of the famous Spa F1 circuit:

Wow. What an incredible track! I got literally 2-3 laps in the dry first then, then the heavens opened.

I've posted the vids previously, but for the sake of a complete report on 1 page, here they are again

Dodgy sideways moment during one lap

I took emily out for a few laps just before lunch. many cushions were required so she could see out!

Traditional cheesy shot at lunch time:

Unbelievable weather all day, the view from a few laps in Jamies Baguette

Dad took a few clips whilst I was out with Andy in one session:

Time to head back to the Hotel:

the next day we popped up to the track, watched for a bit, then all went our seperate ways, home for Dad and I to prepare for ADI 2 days later.

The weather heading home was horrific, some of the worst conditions I've ever had to drive in:

A quick splash and dash half way back:

And we were on the ferry:

Home and safe, straight to bed, then a welcome return to reality the following morning with a Pasta N sauce for breakfast

Good trip! roll on next year!
    Jay A3, Sam_, ReDBull and 2 others like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    were those clips going through Eau Rouge in the rain taken with a Sony 7.2 megapixel handheld camera by any chance???.
    RobinJI likes this.

Status
    you and that bloody camera

Currently watching back the ADI and Spa vids on the Tv reminding myself of a time when the sun came out and I could wear a T-shirt outdoors!
    bigal 1 and RobinJI like this.

Down under

Status
    You do realise 1080p video is technically only 6.22 megapixels (when you consider video requires 3 sensors normally)