AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 123 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130133 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,920 of 5820
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Yep they were techniclutch with the "techniclutch" grinded off. You don't get noises with this SMF though. I'm still yet to see one that makes a racket, I think it's an urban myth that's been spread.
    I've heard one on a Derv which was pretty rattley

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Some derv SMF's are stupidly rattly yea, as are the ultra light alloy ones it seems.

my old G60 flywheel was 6kg and never rattled, this is a very similar weight, and also noise free

Been for a test drive, feels pretty awesome
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status
    Looks wicked!

Something different and pushing the boundarys as always
    Prawn and bigal 1 like this.
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

Missing the S3

Status
    Looking good, might have to come to Audi driver to see this on track although it will be hard to beat the entertainment of jo's drifting skills. If you were to uni bond the skid plates on I'd recommend cutting groves into the ply where you intend to stick them but this could lead to chunks of ply being ripped off when/if the skids were to be knocked off but the cuts should provide a stronger bond.

Status
    I have already made a start on Lewis's idea, decided to crack on again this evening. Also repaired my alloy jack, what a nightmare that was!

Will be drilling and bolting them in tomorrow
    jojo, Lewis583 and bigal 1 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Gear

Status
    Bloody hell Prawn, you work fast Nice work on the plates mate, don't forget a dab of threadlock to hold them on. Last thing you need is it vibrating loose and lodging in your tyre bud.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

Down under

Status
    Ever thought about doing events? You'd fit in at hill climbs now:

superkarl likes this.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

6th Gear

Status
    Looks rather low...

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Love the one where his window falls out

Funny you should say that Sam, I had some tuition at my last trackday at Hullavington, and after the first session, the instructor immediately said ''You NEED to hill climb this car!''

Gurston down is only 30 mins from me, but I'd need totally different tyres to hill climb it, as all my current tyres are useless from cold.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Looks rather low...
    yea man, that's the idea, stop as much air as possible from getting under the front.

It gets in and out of my driveway, and it's got a clear 70mm clearance all over. I'm sure my road tax is meant to pay for any bumps that are 3'' or bigger

Will have to be a bit more careful for sure, but that's life.
    Airs likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Oh yeah for sure being low makes it do its job better I just meant for peace of mind and day to say living.

Just sy don't turn it into a trailer queen!

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Don't worry, it won't become a trailer queen everything is built with a view to being able to use it still.

I might have to give up my trips to sainsburys because of the splitter due to a few speed bumps, but on the whole I think it'll be manageable. I've been up and down a few bumpy roads in it this morning and not yet touched it on anything.

This morning I raised and levelled the car up, it had been sitting 3mm low on front left for a while, so I raised the front right 5mm and the front left 8mm to get it nice and level and a tad higher, I also raised the back 5mm to suit, then went off to have the tracking done.

This has given me a clear 75mm under the splitter all round as planned.

Down to Pro tyre, and as expected the tracking was slightly out, uneven and toe out causing a left pull.

Sorted

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    You should get some more splitters made up from your template, could make you a little cash. Looks bloody good.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Down under

Status
    Any reason for the camber difference left to right? I notice some do that but surely it only suits some circuits? Surely you could run 3 degrees without much bother? Especially on slicks, you want 3.5+ then right?
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Status
    It's trade off between camber and caster mate. I'd love to run more but there isn't the scope for it.
    I had the top mounts off recently and I'd obviously not reset them quite right. Last time it was 2.4 each side.

More for slicks would be nice, but not at the expense of caster. All limited on time at the mo so just wanted it tracking straight for Spa. Feels pretty amazing in these direzzas with the splitter too. Very happy!
    bigal 1 likes this.

Status
    I should probably add to that, I'm cheap and won't pay for a full alignment, so I set the cAmber and caster at home using the spirit level app on my iPhone, then only pay for toe adjustment!
    Sam_ likes this.

Down under

Status
    I have a 2 D03G and 2 A050 mediums to go on myself when it does its first track day. A local lotus team ran that combo and said it worked out well for them. Have since gone to 255/40 so had loads of spare 245/40.

Yeah it's a shame the camber and caster aren't more independent on these mk4 mounts. Damn circular strut towers.

6th Gear

Status
    All the work you put in and the adjustment you have on offer and you still get a half assed alignment! Sort it!!

Status
    Why waste the cash

Caster is bang on, camber isn't a million miles off, rear axle isnt adjustable by alignment, only shims.

i am tempted to relieve the strut tops slightly to allow me a little more slide on the camber, I might mark the exact fore / aft position to retain the nicely matched caster. I think a few hours with a die grinder on key areas on the mounts and strut tops could see me another half a degree or so.

Project for winter. Once I KNOW I won't be changing anything more ill hopefly have a full alignment and corner weight done through a contact of Robins at Bridgewater college if its still available.
    S3Alex and Rainbird like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I don't know that, thanks. I prefer the look of the S1 but S2s still look smart.

Sorry for the hijack to prawn.

Daz, please do a progress thread id love to see what sort of effort needs to be put into an Elise build
    I've started to do a thread on my car if anyones interested Lotus Elise 1.8 20v-t
    sorry for the hijack.
    Westy and RobinJI like this.

Status
    Woooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who needs RWD to slide!

bigal 1, RobinJI, Rainbird and 1 others like this.

Status
    Too much happened, too little time to write, tomorrow, I shall write up everything.

Today - we went to ADI. I was rather honoured to get to head out onto track behind Bill, with the intention of doing some filming, I'd film him for a few laps, then we swapped round and he filmed me for a bit.

Bill was on AD08's, and I was cheating running WTCC slicks

A3 track car at ADI 2013 - YouTube

Quite honestly some of my most enjoyable track time, ever. and all with my Mum in the passenger seat!

Big thanks to Bill, everyone that came along today, and Big Bad Dad and Little Mum for sharing it all with me Hope you wern't too scared Mum
    jojo, Dean_T, voorhees and 9 others like this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Nice Vid, wow you can see the power in bills, you look to have great brakes there prawny...

5th Gear

Status
    Wtf is in his Seat! Looks mad on the track.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

4th Gear

Status
    Awesome dude
    ​Wish Rachel would let me have my TDI mk5 back

Status
    Good to see you Nick,like the video.

Missing the S3

Status
    Love it, looking forward to the full write up.

2nd Gear

Status
    Saw Bills Seat at Bruntlingthorpe a few years ago, before the rebuild and it was extremely quick then!
    Last edited by Vorshprungdork; 12th October 2013 at 23:51.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    love the video
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Epic! Badgerwagen and the prawnmobile looking good!! Car looks fastttttt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

5th Gear

Status
    How was the splitter mate? Did you notice any handling gains? Your vids are great to watch keep em coming!!

Status
    Splitter is amazing Daz, it's absolutely transformed the car at high speed. The way it turns in and front end grip is really awesome, even more so on slicks, it's like a totally new car!

Uploading more vids asap then hopefully a few pics will come in from others at some point

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Just make it out of carbon fibre and save some weight

Ditch the passenger also lol
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome!! Keep up the good work man. Your car is a massive inspiration For me. Whats it like on the roads being stripped out? Ive never been in a car like this but planning it for mine.

Status
    In all honesty mate, it's remarkably great on the road!

On KW V3's it rides REALLY well, far more comfy than any A3 on cheap ebay coilovers despite everything else being so solid, 17's keep things slightly more comfy than 18's would too.

The engine pulls like a stock 1.8T from about 1800rpm and doesn't suffer from lag at all, cold starts fine, and it'll return 36-38mpg on the motorway.

Even the splitter hasn't presented a problem for road use really. I couldn't be happier with the car right now!

If you're anywhere near Hampshire, feel free to pop over and come out for a ride some time

5th Gear

Status
    That would be sweet. Im only in reading and its always great to meet guys into cars. I do very little miles anyway hence why im doing this. For what the cars worth now id rather use it on track and enjoy it. Im struggling to know how far to go regards of stripping. All the way looks good !! Planning abingdon for nov as long as the cars finished. Good track to start?

Status
    Abingdon was great fun in ours, I'm just in basingstoke, I had no idea you are so close! Pop over sometime definitely

This was us at Abingdon back in Feb this year to give you an idea:

A3 1.8T Track car at Abingdon Airfield - YouTube

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

If you're anywhere near Hampshire, feel free to pop over and come out for a ride some time
    if you ever bring it to Portsmouth, let me know would live to see this thing properly. You're never not doing anything to it, always great to see the updates.

RIP S3dave

Status
    prawny, badgerwagen, autotech TT @ ADI Combe

s33nyboy12 likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

5th Gear

Status
    Is that rapid pick up in the rev range bill or struggling for traction mate, my ears are still ringing from paintball grenade last Sunday hard to tell.?

looking good prawny!
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!