Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126129 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,760 of 5446
Like Tree925Likes

Thread: Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    Any idea what boost setting the revolution scooby was running when you were having a play with it?

I know it has a few different settings from talking to the bloke who owns revolution when my wheels were getting aligned there.

Kind of want to go back and say what was the crack with getting smoked off prawny and his 1.8 a3 haha.

You need to try break its record at the ring now

Impressive stuff as usual anyway.
    Not taking anything away from Nick, as he does a stern job, but I just cant help think that Scooby wasn't on full chat

it seems odd for it to set a new record around the ring, then its foiled by a few corners at castle combe circuit.

Just sayin....
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Freddie was driving it at the ring. N24 and VLN driver with thousands of laps under his belt. That could make a big difference.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiebennett81 View Post
    Not taking anything away from Nick, as he does a stern job, but I just cant help think that Scooby wasn't on full chat

it seems odd for it to set a new record around the ring, then its foiled by a few corners at castle combe circuit.

Just sayin....
    Different driver Tony. when the Ring lap record (for an imprezza) was set it was being driven by Freddy from rent-4-ring - a VLN pro driver.

The Scoob was one of the Forge demo cars on the day, taking people out for passenger rides all day long. It was a little odd, he was trying, and wouldn't let me past when he perhaps should have done as he was holding us up over the course of a lap, following him under braking we were having to hold back considerably, but then he got a better corner exit due to his 4wd.

Still, plenty of work to do on the A3 to get it to it's best, but a fun few sessions as a shake down for the new turbo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Different driver Tony. when the Ring lap record (for an imprezza) was set it was being driven by Freddy from rent-4-ring - a VLN pro driver.

The Scoob was one of the Forge demo cars on the day, taking people out for passenger rides all day long. It was a little odd, he was trying, and wouldn't let me past when he perhaps should have done as he was holding us up over the course of a lap, following him under braking we were having to hold back considerably, but then he got a better corner exit due to his 4wd.

Still, plenty of work to do on the A3 to get it to it's best, but a fun few sessions as a shake down for the new turbo.
    That would make sense, his corner entry was poor, and only 4WD was his saving grace, but 4WD doesn't make you a good driver

6th Gear

Status
    but then he got a better corner exit due to his 4wd.

There was blatently more in that car going by the video but if they were just doing passenger rides i suppose they arent going to be smashing it hard like say you might or anyone else. Also being a busy day they might not want to push too hard.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    no diff in this box?
    Quaife innit, doesn't lock at all.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status

Just sayin....
    Have you considered that our car was not on full chat.???
    phil miller likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal 1 View Post
    Have you considered that our car was not on full chat.???
    I didn't say that at all, that is how you have chosen to read into it.

I know Nick's is not on full chat, as he has stated he runs around 18psi on actuator pressure, giving around 310bhp or so

It was a completely different driver in the scooby and wasn't the same one who set the ring lap record, hence the considerable difference in driver skill and it struggling around a circuit which is far simpler compared to the ring.
    Jason.s likes this.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Quaife innit, doesn't lock at all.
    surprisingly i do know how a quaife atb diff works

it should be biasing torque...

i run plate diff for a reason
    16Klappe likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

I didn't say that at all, that is how you have chosen to read into it.

I know Nick's is not on full chat, as he has stated he runs around 18psi on actuator pressure, giving around 310bhp or so

It was a completely different driver in the scooby and wasn't the same one who set the ring lap record, hence the considerable difference in driver skill and it struggling around a circuit which is far simpler compared to the ring.
    Do you know you are addressing Prawns dad/co-owner/builder and driver of the car?

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    Do you know you are addressing Prawns dad/co-owner/builder and driver of the car?

Yes I do.

I'm not getting into a dispute or argument about it, this is Nicks RR thread, but I was being quoted on something I didn't say and didn't intentionally mean, when it seems what I had said was being taken out of context.

Nick's car is a weapon, proven on many occasion, and he nailed the scoob incredibly well, but my point stands is the scoob was not being driven to even half of it's potential, proven in the video from it's poor driving, and was a night and day comparison in what it has just recently achieved in it's time around the ring.

Apologies if it has offended anyone, but then quote me on what I say rather than what I don't between the lines
    16Klappe and Jason.s like this.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Welcome to ASN mate.

Prawns thread has lasted so well because people respect his work and don't assumptively post bull**** about what another variable car or driver could, would or should do.

It's a home built Audi A3 track car, there are no comparable cars to compare it against. So we can never compare apple's to apple's. All we can do is say that we like our apples.

Not saying that you have or are, but if everybody would pipe down and take the information they are given and asked questions based on what they are told rather than assume then this thread will continue to progress and serve.

More people need to listen with the intent of understanding, where most listen to respond.

Then never do them.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    More people need to listen with the intent of understanding, where most listen to respond.

c'mon, own up, which moderator posted this instead of jardo...

lol
    S3 Rav and superkarl like this.

bill@badger5.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    Prawns thread has lasted so well because people respect his work and don't assumptively post bull**** about what another variable car or driver could, would or should do.
    And the fact people cry and it gets closed down for cleaning on many occasions.
    s3dave likes this.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

c'mon, own up, which moderator posted this instead of jardo...

lol
    Read it on some Facebook pic the other day.
    badger5 likes this.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    All good banter. Just an innocent remark, not meant to mean anything really, just a possibility that has to be considered.??? It's all in good fun.

Down under

Status
    there are no comparable cars to compare it against.
    Seriously? It's an awesome car but I think even Nick would think that's a bit of a bold statement. I know you love him but still...
    Jason.s likes this.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Seriously? It's an awesome car but I think even Nick would think that's a bit of a bold statement. I know you love him but still...
    Go find me a road going 8L or Mk4 of the same build quality and spec.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Let's change the subject. Is it raining where you are.???
    Vorshprungdork likes this.

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Let's change the subject. Is it raining where you are.???
    On and off rain in Hinckley
    bigal 1 likes this.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, N249 bypass, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

2nd Gear

Status
    Thunderstorms in Croatia.

Status
    Bloody miserable here in Southampton.

Weather isn't much better either
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Gear

Status

I know the subject is closed and that is the way to treat it. But I have to say you are elevating my status, which is nice of you, but the hard work and engineering is all down to wee prawn and his genius. (Proud Dad)

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

I know the subject is closed and that is the way to treat it. But I have to say you are elevating my status, which is nice of you, but the hard work and engineering is all down to wee prawn and his genius. (Proud Dad)

^Prawn&BBD^
    bigal 1 likes this.

Then never do them.

Reverse Gear

Status
    speaking to a guy who works at the revolution garage

the car was runnning around 350 due to a fault on route to the track that day would normally run 550bhp

so they ran a base map only
    Jason.s and bigal 1 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    so it goes to show just how god nicks car is as the revolution motorsport car has had huge huge money thrown at it i would estimate 100k !!! was running slicks also ;-)

i would say if we put 100k into nicks car he would wipe the floor with him easily !!

2nd Gear

Status
    It's know as doing a Tony in the powerboat world. Always something wrong with his engine when he was beaten.
    Last edited by bigal 1; 18th September 2013 at 08:17.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    only 6-8secs a lap slower than the combe saloons on road tryes

bill@badger5.co.uk

Status
    only 6-8secs a lap slower than the combe saloons on road tryes
    I won't be happy until it's comfortably under 1:20

I need to up my game Bill, otherwise you'll get bored too easily at ADI

6th Gear

Status
    Thing is on a public day like that where it has massive traffic and basically a free for all you cant really go on full attack. If it were a proper track day or even at ADI where theres less traffic you could go all out on full power and give it max beans.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    I won't be happy until it's comfortably under 1:20

I need to up my game Bill, otherwise you'll get bored too easily at ADI
    1m20s would be very respectable.
    there are a few combe saloons in the 1m18s with your power but on road tyres still.

my old jetta 2ltr 16v on tbodies @ 200bhp ish was 1m22s laps many years ago

bet it rains tho.. lol and all the quattro boys laugh

hoping it does'nt mind you
    Prawn likes this.

bill@badger5.co.uk

Status
    1m20s would be very respectable.
    there are a few combe saloons in the 1m18s with your power but on road tyres still.

my old jetta 2ltr 16v on tbodies @ 200bhp ish was 1m22s laps many years ago

bet it rains tho.. lol and all the quattro boys laugh

hoping it does'nt mind you
    I hope it doesn't rain, that'd be ****! Fingers crossed

A few changes coming up in the next few weeks, car should be better than ever for Spa and ADI

2nd Gear

Status
    Every time I drive this car on track, IT'S DIFFERENT.

Status
    A few changes coming up in the next few weeks, car should be better than ever for Spa and ADI
    Every time I drive this car on track, IT'S DIFFERENT.
    A clue

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    oooooooooooo I know... :P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    ahhh.. pennys dropped

bill@badger5.co.uk

Status

2nd Gear

Status

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Hybrid? Tell meeee! I feel left out
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    you're on fb gops are'nt you?

bill@badger5.co.uk