Badger5Chris Nott
Page 112 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,480 of 5817
Like Tree1062Likes

Thread: Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

RIP S3dave

Status
    All of the frenzy and no actual prices..

Performance I think is a given 350bhp+
    Reliablity TBC but turbo in std guise is pretty solid unit
    Price - uknown

The whole "kit" needs to be defined, costed and priced.....
    There will be DIYers who will take it on, and others who will want others to fit it

Charge pipework will have to change, subject to platform it goes on
    Turbo intake pipework will have to change
    Downpipe will have to change (quattro will be tricky and until done, remains a ? )
    Some mods to the shell (chassis dependant) required to clear compressor cover
    turbo/manifold will need to be sourced
    Oil feed and drain will need to be sourced
    Water lines will need to be sourced

Larger injectors
    fuel pump likely

I am interested to see how this all tots up and where that pitches it vs full frame garretts for example
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Is that a riddle...

He got Banned....
    No riddle. You said Wilkinson was marketing them but you bought ten because you would be foolish not to do so.

RIP S3dave

Status
    smoke and mirrors

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal 1 View Post
    No riddle. You said Wilkinson was marketing them but you bought ten because you would be foolish not to do so.
    Correct, i can only use 1..and they dont make pretty wall plaques,,,

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Dan's ones would make pretty wall plaques
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbuggy View Post
    Wonder if its the same person who bought up all the UK supply of angled brackets from TPS .. Haha ..

Its no worries though as at least I know mine works!
    Actually I have the uk's supply of angled brackets sat at work with more on order Not from TPS obviously as I'm a VW main dealer.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Actually I have the uk's supply of angled brackets sat at work with more on order Not from TPS obviously as I'm a VW main dealer.
    Sell to the highest bidder mate?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    And why would you need those?! ;-)
    Jason.s likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Big turbo ftw haha
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    Big turbo ftw haha
    You coming to adi? Or is bumble too scared after last time she came across the wrong wheel drive mileage monster at Castle Combe ?

16Klappe likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Gear

Status
    I'm on my third turbo this year so I need to take it easy lol.

I am however booked in at bills on the 21st sept to get things tweaked for the td05 20g I now have on though after the fp red broke.

Would love to come to adi but with all sed I don't think I'll be travelling back down to the south again this year unless my girlfriends back gets better as mine is the only income coming in at the moment so things are a bit tight

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Exhaustive. Funny guy!

Interesting how we spoke about this yesterday, and the potential outcomes of the actions leading up to this release.

Then results are posted and on the next working day Daves boss releases an 064 adapter.

Personally I feel the individual who leaked the information needs stringing up. If he was aware of the implications of his actions...
    Strung up? Do you not think that Dave, sorry james, would be able to work out how to make this anyway..

Status
    Let it drop lads. We've all spoken. Everyone is happy.

Next topic please
    superkarl and bigal 1 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Next topic please
    honesty being the best policy.............I joke, now the next topic

3rd Gear

Status
    Has anyone got plans of trying this set up on a s3 if it would be possible to do ?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubo1 View Post
    Has anyone got plans of trying this set up on a s3 if it would be possible to do ?

Yes, final throws of fitting it onto my TT along with the hybrid.

New charge pipe fittings have arrived so 63mm pipe work from turbo will be used.
    Alex C and Pedrosousa like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes, final throws of fitting it onto my TT along with the hybrid.

New charge pipe fittings have arrived so 63mm pipe work from turbo will be used.
    when do you reckon the tt will be finished ? What power are you estimating from the hybrid ?

6th Gear

Status
    Next week, but on holiday at the end of the month so may be a bit delayed . Hoping to get it all finished before I go.
    Goubo1 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Next week, but on holiday at the end of the month so may be a bit delayed . Hoping to get it all finished before I go.
    looking forward to the results

5th Gear

Status

Next topic please
    MIGGZ likes this.

Down under

Status
    This is all familiar of the SFS tip, those GC top mount reps etc. It happens. Business is business.

Anyway... when does it go in for a map tweak?
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Status
    September 5th

I took a few more logs of Load and N75 DC for Niki on sunday night, and e-mailled them over to him.

Injectors are at 99% DC just before the rev limiter, although whether this is due to the fuel pump not keeping up or the injectors running out of puff I'm unsure, but either way, walbro and a 4 bar will be added I think.

Load scale goes from 0-12.5 apparently on me3.8's, and it's currently sitting around low 8's and sub 50% N75 duty, Niki reckons much the same as Bill did on Sunday, massive scope to add more load and n75 duty, as well as scope for more timing, and of course smooth out the boost control (as it's currently for a totally different turbo!).]

Really looking forward to having it mapped, should be awesome

Rarely neutral

Status
    September 5th

I took a few more logs of Load and N75 DC for Niki on sunday night, and e-mailled them over to him.

Injectors are at 99% DC just before the rev limiter, although whether this is due to the fuel pump not keeping up or the injectors running out of puff I'm unsure, but either way, walbro and a 4 bar will be added I think.

Load scale goes from 0-12.5 apparently on me3.8's, and it's currently sitting around low 8's and sub 50% N75 duty, Niki reckons much the same as Bill did on Sunday, massive scope to add more load and n75 duty, as well as scope for more timing, and of course smooth out the boost control (as it's currently for a totally different turbo!).]

Really looking forward to having it mapped, should be awesome
    Hi mate.....I'm delighted to see this is going so well.

You've done a fantastic job in sourcing the bits and then making it all work in a way that Audi never intended!

Keep it up,and good luck for the results.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm very interested in seeing how well this does. Has made me re think my plans for my build for next year.

Just out of interest, and i know this is a big ask with no possible answer at the moment, but what sort of price are we looking to do this conversion?

Im quickly getting bored of standard agu power and need something to look forward to :D

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing how well this does. Has made me re think my plans for my build for next year.

Just out of interest, and i know this is a big ask with no possible answer at the moment, but what sort of price are we looking to do this conversion?

Im quickly getting bored of standard agu power and need something to look forward to :D
    At the moment mate, I honestly don't know, I'm sure Dan will be working things and and trying to come up with some form of outline for a kit and a basic price for what is / isn't included soon enough.

What is in your favour though, is having an AGU. FWD downpipe is very nice and simple, and it's already large port, so a nice high flow setup
    ReDBull likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    At the moment mate, I honestly don't know, I'm sure Dan will be working things and and trying to come up with some form of outline for a kit and a basic price for what is / isn't included soon enough.

What is in your favour though, is having an AGU. FWD downpipe is very nice and simple, and it's already large port, so a nice high flow setup
    Perfect answer to be fair, but thought I'd ask. I'm at that point of planning the build that turbo is the next thing on the list. And obviously will be a different list between ko4 and tfsi, lol.

The exact reason I bought the car. That and that it came up at right time and right price.
    Your thread has inspired me to do all I can to get the best out of my car, just got to convince the missus :P

RIP S3dave

Status
    you got any eta on pricings for people Dan? or eta on your eta?

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Getting quite excited about seeing the results Nick, and of course over time what package people such as Dan may come up with for prospective buyers.

A reliable TFSI K04 would be preferred by most over hybrid if you asked a number of people I'm sure. Not slating the best hybrids but it's always a bit more 'unknown' with many factors.

Hope the mapping goes well and roll on the results

1st Gear

Status
    Unknown part on k04 hybrids is the manifolds really as from what I've seen bb turbos work very well.
    Audi A3 1.8T AUM Sport with more doors.

Status
    Went for a drive this evening, feeling seriously impressive. just over a week until it's mapped!

come fly with me

Status
    Did you go ace cafe?
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech

Status
    I didn't this month no mate, still shattered after a busy BH weekend, and saving pennies for R-tech next week, then the forge action day on September 14th!

Status
    Argh, so much TFSI stuff coming out of R-tech now with epic results, and Bill has also just bought a TFSI Cupra to start developing stuff.

I feel good things will come from this turbo, just 7 days until we're off to R-tech for mapping.

can't wait!

Fingers crossed, 370 would be very nice indeed. Any more from the stock turbo would be a result way beyond anyones expectations before we started the project.

This weekends main task is to get this Walbro pump installed and working:

Not ideal being an intank - I'll have to keep it above 1/4 of a tank to be safe, but it'll do for now until we have spare funds for a DA31 inline with some of Bills press fit fittings.

6th Gear

Status
    Interesting to see what the Bora that Niki has in at the minute will do. Bit shocked to see he`s wasted £1000 on just the intake and intercooler though...Bit stupid but then i bet he`s gone for scene points. Revo intake and i bet its some extortionate forge intercooler.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Bora is Ollys car, it's a TFSI engine not just the turbo, but I thought Olly had one of Dans hybrids on it? God knows!

Should still be interesting though for sure, and proves that downpipe fitment can be done in the 8L / mk4 shell.
    Jason.s likes this.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Argh, so much TFSI stuff coming out of R-tech now with epic results, and Bill has also just bought a TFSI Cupra to start developing stuff.

I feel good things will come from this turbo, just 7 days until we're off to R-tech for mapping.

can't wait!

Fingers crossed, 370 would be very nice indeed. Any more from the stock turbo would be a result way beyond anyones expectations before we started the project.

This weekends main task is to get this Walbro pump installed and working:

Not ideal being an intank - I'll have to keep it above 1/4 of a tank to be safe, but it'll do for now until we have spare funds for a DA31 inline with some of Bills press fit fittings.
    you do realise I do a Sytec in tank pump which drops in and supports 620cc injectors at 100IDC @ 5bar fuel pressure? (3bar fpr + 2bar boost) and costs £75+vat

its what I am using on all ailing in tank 2wd setups which come thru here

too late for you now tho..

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    you do realise I do a Sytec in tank pump which drops in and supports 620cc injectors at 100IDC @ 5bar fuel pressure? (3bar fpr + 2bar boost) and costs £75+vat

Is that a straight swap for the standard pump Bill?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post

Never too late! I've not spent any money yet

is that what you're using in the Ibizas Bill?

if so, I think I'm sold!

i was given the walbro long ago, it was onyl to be used as a stop gap before sending my cash your way on a DA31 and fittings.

Does the Sytec come in a pot? or do you remove the stock pump and fit the Sytec into your existing pot?

I shall drop you a PM my Badger

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Is that a straight swap for the standard pump Bill?
    on 2wd yes

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

RIP S3dave

Status
    Never too late! I've not spent any money yet

is that what you're using in the Ibizas Bill?

if so, I think I'm sold!

i was given the walbro long ago, it was onyl to be used as a stop gap before sending my cash your way on a DA31 and fittings.

Does the Sytec come in a pot? or do you remove the stock pump and fit the Sytec into your existing pot?

I shall drop you a PM my Badger
    yep, its what I am using as drop in on sickly ibizas... and a decent upgrade intank pump for the majority users of hybrids and baby BT setups

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk