Prawn and BigAls A3 Track Car

Cheers Tom, I didn't know you were on here mate :) Hopefully I might see you at Prept one month if I ever make it there!

Heard from Ben this morning, downpipe parts are finally here, along with a stock TFSI downpipe from Niki as a test to see if it's anywhere similar just for reference.

Hopefully we'll get it all sorted this week :)

I've been lurking mate, haha. Only just fully registered so I can pester you about the TFSI turbo as it progresses :)

If it's as reliable (as in theory it should be) and makes the power and does it well, I think I'll get this done to the Leon.

Would be good to see it at Prept before the season finishes. I'll have to try make one where possible!

More stuff happened.

90 degree pipe offered in and pointed to roughly where we wanted it:

A remarkable amount of room for this, the only thing reasonably close is the gear shift cables, but the DP will be heat wrapped, as will the shift cables.

Flexi on next:

Followed by a 45 degree to bring it into the tunnel:

And that's all there was too it! Made easy thanks to Ben!

All marked up for bosses, EGT, Narrowband 02, WB02 all to be welded in:

PLumbed in my horrid catch can. I really don't like this can, but I'm not paying silly money for another, so for now at least, it stays:

A really good evening, ****** late, didn't get home until 1am, but well worth it :)

More this evening!

Reactions: S3Alex, Gops, bigal 1 and 1 other person
Cars looking impressive as always mate how come you don't like the catch can?

I don't know mate, it just seems to let the rest down a bit! Does the job for now though.

Hopefully Ben will be able to get the DP fully welded up today, and we'll wrap it this evening. I'll also need to get some heat shielding for my gear cables as they'll be vunerable now.

It looks from the pics like there is a tiny leak from the oil drain at the turbo join too, so I'll address that tonight before we run it up, and hopefully we'll get to test drive it this evening :)

I've got the same catch and I know what you mean nick, but £100 for another one is silly! Might get it one day but i know what you mean when you say it doesn't make sense to! I seriously can't wait till you post up some figures, I keep checking every hour like something's going to spontaneously change ;)

Almost there!

null_zpsc96742f9.jpg

Downpipe welded up:
null_zps0d6e0048.jpg

And wrapped:

null_zps67477f75.jpg

null_zps13533966.jpg

and fitted:

null_zps513aa25a.jpg

all ready to test drive, but we had no power steering fluid!

Reactions: Vex182
TIG is broken :( mig with SS wire in this case.

We were gutted we couldn't drive it, I had said I'd bring some psf so Ben didn't order any, then I forgot it. Argh. So close!

Its running and leak free though, all that's left is to find out if it boosts!

Very nice indeed.

Looks like some very solid work on the exhaust!.....good luck for the first run.

Got a good point there scott, im a nightmare for tiging everything just because I can!

its only proper to make sure roadkill has got something pretty to look at in their last moments

Its fine if its your own car, as you don't mind not having pretty welds. But when we sell them as part of the kit they will be Tig welded as people expect form over function when purchasing , but that said it will have the function as well.

Reactions: voorhees
I've got some PAS fluid be it only around 1.1 Ltrs but should be enough? Where's the car now?

It's at Bens mate, if you'd like to drive there from Brum and fill it up for me I'll gladly let you have the first test drive :laugh:

Reactions: superkarl
Update from Ben:

No knocks, no bangs, perfect 15psi actuator pressure, AFR's healthily Rich, feels fast apparently.

very good news indeed!

nice to know it's still fast though :laugh: if it wasn't, I'd be sad.

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon, cannot wait!

Will check everything when I pick it up, AFR, EGT, CF's. Hopefully all is well, Ben seems to think it's pretty good :)

I'm quite excited about this.

Full radio secrecy until tomorrow; however I'd hazard a guess that tomorrow is going to be one of the better days of the year.

And as such there will be many cool things and a considerable post by Mr Prawn :D