Alarm going off :(

SiGainey

Reaction score
Close all the doors, lock it as usual, DIS does not report any open doors etc but after 30 seconds or so, they alarm goes off. Was fine this afternoon, but now it's doing my head in lol. Have opened and closed boot, bonnet and doors to see if it was a dodgy connection but no... Am off to pull the battery -ve and see if that resets things, but any ideas what its likely to be???

no idea, but hook it up to vagcom all the same: mine had a whole host of alarm/central locking fault codes when hooked up for the first time... whatever's the problem, it shud be getting logged.

Mine did that a few years back now, all of a sudden it just started going off one night and just wouldn't quieten down. I pulled the battery connection and as it was under warranty ran it over to the Audi garage who had to fit a completely new alarm unit to it.

is the interior light flashing ? mine did this , no dis lit up and alarm would go off sticky micro switch in the door lock i believe there are three in each lock one for the alarm , one for the dis and one for the light , light flashing shows voltage loss sets the alarm off a spray of wd40 or a good slam sorts mine for a while

Rob

Press the button at the base of the drivers side B pillar trim before locking the car to turn off the interior movement sensors. This will elliminate them from the equation, they are a common fault on mk4 golfs.

I had a Mk IV Golf that did this. The culprit was the washer fluid pipe had popped out of the joining piece just before the rear washer when it froze. Consequently, every time I used the rear washer it poored water into the tailgate lock where the alarm sensor is and shorted it out. I put the pipe back into the joining piece and tightly wrapped some insulating tape around it to hold it all together. Never had a problem after that.