JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Attn - Airbag system experts!

I have an A3 1.9TDI/2000, which has an airbag issue:

17931/P1523/005411 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller: Implausible Signal

This is held on the engine engine (presumebly the one at the botmom of the windscreen, underneath the scuttle).

The hazards flash, the interior lights come on and the doors won't lock from inside the car. The airbag light also blinks on start-up (but then does go out).

I also found a water leak in the passenger footwell, and on investgation thought the water had come via badly-fitted windscreen scuttle. I've checked out the wiring from the engine ecu - both plugs were dry and clean. Whilst I had the scuttle off, I also opened the (white) loom junction box (on the driver's side) and found that many of the plugs in there had slightly corroded connections, so cleaned all of those.

I've since tried clearing the fault - sometimes it will clear, but then just re-generates. I did also find a fault code on the airbag ecu, stating a 'short' on the passenger side (stupidly I wiped the code in error and didn't record the code).

So, does anybody have any suggestions on where to go from here?? Any other connections to check/clean? Any other locations of wiring connections etc I should check? I think it is almost certainly a bad conection somewhere, but I'm now unsure where to start again?

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I would try the connector under the passenger seat, can't remember if it's purple or yellow? With the battery off, disconnect it and spray with WD40, then clip and unclip it a few times. Now put it all back together, reconnect battery and remove the airbag faultcode as you did before. It's a common problem with modern VAG cars with seat airbags.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Reverse Gear

Status
    Good suggestion but had this one (and fixed it) before! When the seat plugs play-up, the airbag circuit is imcomplete and the airbag light stays on permemantly. So, unfortunately, this isn't the cause of my issues.........

Chugger

Status
    I had the mentioned connector cut out and the wires soldered together. But yeah it did give a permenant airbag light.
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)