S3 MPG...? Depreciation?

sam4191

If In doubt, Flat out!
Reaction score
Hi people,

Just wondering what MPG you are getting out of your S3's...

I am toying with buying one.... But am after some sort of MPG return.
(Mine returns 24mpg on a VERY good day around town:Flush:)

I have been looking at 8P A3 tdi's for economy, but thinking they will depreciate heavier than S3?

Hope someone can help me with this?

Thanks!

Sam

if you are after mpg go the tdi route plus the s3 wont depreciate much more than what they are now. a3 tdi hold their values really well

ill wade into this one quite happily. i used to own an impreza, and went onto a gt tdi golf due to mpg. thing is, ull miss the performance, i dont care how much torque a diesel car has, u just cant beat a turbo petrol... so smooth and quiet and... but on the other hand, if ur looking for mpg why not go for a mk5 golf gti: good performance, good mpg.

Hi

My S3 is normally about 29mpg. I only really use it for my 15 mile each way commute, but the roads are fairly clear and quick.

Dave

Reactions: K.A
I know the TDI will return the better MPG by far, but what i want to know is will a mapped S3 be any better on fuel (driven sensibly) than what I currently have... A4 2.4 returning 22mpg most of the time. Thanks for the replies so far though. I would love a Mk5 GTI, but can't afford to buy one. lol

ive got a 1.8t quattro and i get around 30ish generally: got a huge 400 mile round trip to london tomorrow so will update on a real motorway drive in a coupla of days... i think most of the s3ers have been saying around 28+ at least. even my impreza gave me 28ish: unlike a 2.4 n/a u can take ur foot off the turbo and get some decentish mpg outta it!

Changing cars usually equals money down the drain, you really need to weigh up the cost of changing cars to the amount you save on fuel to make it worth while. Or keep the S3 for the weekend and have a banger tdi as a runabout.

Averaging 32 mpg with a 70 mile a day round trip to work and back, if i thrap the what nots off it itfrops to about 28mpg, but to be honest given the perfromance even thats prety good on my book. depreciation wise S3s are very resilliant.

I get between 28 and 29 mpg on each tank with my driving being mostly a commute of 5 miles of town then 5 miles of dual carriageway each way. I drove from Brighton to Coventry and back on 1 tank and seem to get 35 mpg avg on a run.

I get mid 30s driving at 60-70 down the A34 on my 50 mile commute to work.

I got nearly 40mpg doing a 400 a week,mind you I was stuck behind lorries on a notorious country road which had flowers by the roadside regularly...not nice (A423)

good on ya mate. the missus was driving the other week, and for the first time in years i was able to appreciate the wonderful scenery too!