AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

Team dynamics pro race 1.2's other porsche 996 front.......

Will 18"x8J team dynaimcs with a ET45 fit over porsche 996 front brembos without spaces?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I think you would need at least ET35, or use 10mm hubcentric spacers on them.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I wouldn't thnk so mate. I've got 996 fronts with an 18x8 et35 rim and there's less than 3mm clearance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Was waiting for you prawn, would the spoke deisgn not make a difference to the clearance?

6th Gear

Status
    Pretty sure they would clear the calipers. BUT that offset is for jap cars in 5x100 pcd,
    Most of use stick atleast 10mm spacers on ET35 wheels, To fill the archs, ET45 may even mean you have issues with them catching on the shocks or inner wing,
    So if you ran 20mm hubcentric spacers you would be back to around the offset alot of us run,
    But 20mm spacers? Too much in my eyes
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Ok, cheers paul.

I dont want to run spacers, i'm after some lightweight wheels so fitting spacers isnt really an option as its just introducing more unsprung weight.

Back in a turbo!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Depends on spoke design too. My CH's were 8's with ET35. As the inside of the rim curves in, that was the bit catching my calipers. So i went from having 15mm spacers on the front, to 25mm to clear my brakes! Still sits nicely in the arch though.

Now my S3's are back on, i'm just running 20mm on the front, there is so much clearance with this wheel, i can stick my hand behind the spoke, in front of the caliper, and see my hand pop out on top of the spoke! lol. These clear so well because the back of the wheel is flat, not like the CH's which curve in.

Inferi Black Cupra K1

Back in a turbo!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Ok, cheers paul.

I dont want to run spacers, i'm after some lightweight wheels so fitting spacers isnt really an option as its just introducing more unsprung weight.
    lol i wouldn't worry about that. It'll hardly add anything, you won't even feel the difference. I had 20 on the back and 15 on the front, they were the delta mic steel spacers which weight a ton! I didn't feel a difference with them? I'm going H&R spacers next, lightweight alu ones!

Inferi Black Cupra K1

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Pretty sure they would clear the calipers. BUT that offset is for jap cars in 5x100 pcd,
    I have ET45 on my 1.2's 5x112 that I have just sold. Mind you that was for the 8P. Hold on! what am I doing in here?!

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    I had et48's on my red car (see avatar pic) with 15mm spacers and they still didn't sit right. Large spacers kill the wheel bearings too!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    I had et48's on my red car (see avatar pic) with 15mm spacers and they still didn't sit right. Large spacers kill the wheel bearings too!!
    Not quite true there Mike!

large offsets kill spacers.....

an ET 50 wheel spaced 20mm to ET30 will be no different on wheel bearings than an ET30 wheel unspaced.

I agree though, it's pointless getting lightweight wheels when having to space them out to make them look right

I'm after a set of 8x17 Oz Superleggeras for the track car, but they appear to be a bit like rocking horse ****.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Is that right? You learn something everyday

I thought that the fact that the wheels sat out on the spacers put additional load on the bearings and also altered the steering slightly, even though running a wheel with the correct offset should sit in the same place! LOL
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    it does, your right, but the comparison is relative to spacing any given wheel by a set amount.

The load, and I guess technically leverage against the wheel bearings is directly down to the position of the rim relative to the hub mounting face (so the final ET, regardless of spacing)

I guess you could say that an ET50 wheel would help wheel bearings last longer than standard wheels!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I guess you could say that an ET50 wheel would help wheel bearings last longer than standard wheels!
    in theory it would yes. less moment on the bearing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Not quite true there Mike!

large offsets kill spacers.....

an ET 50 wheel spaced 20mm to ET30 will be no different on wheel bearings than an ET30 wheel unspaced.

I agree though, it's pointless getting lightweight wheels when having to space them out to make them look right

I'm after a set of 8x17 Oz Superleggeras for the track car, but they appear to be a bit like rocking horse ****.....
    If you manage to find any prawn, let me know, i'd love a pair in that size.

6th Gear

Status
    I know of some 8x18s that I'm after . Just waiting for my moment to pounce
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Share the details paul, you know you want to, haha.

6th Gear

Status
    nah. my secret incase i can get them cheaper lol
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

Status
    Well, that's just selfish mate, haha.