How to: Remove Grill Surround and Front Badge

y4n

Reaction score
Right guys, I took my grill surround and badge off to de-chrome it and thought I'd put up a photo of where the clips are to help others who want do this simple mod.

All you need is a thin flat head screw driver and gentley prise the surround and badge away from the grill.

Audi badge has 9 clips:

Badge.jpg

Surround has 14 clips:

Grillsurround.jpg

You might find the surround is on pretty tight, just keep at it and it'll eventually come off.

Hope these pictures help. Thanks for reading :rock:

nah mate, just a hobby. I wish I could make it as a pro though lol

Im so glad you said bumper can stay on. Did you lever it out with one screwdriver and pop the clips with another? Ive got a black badge on order and any further advice would be appreciated.

ha ha! don't do what i did and snap the surround! fudge! have to get another grill now!!

Id noticed that but hopefully ill figure it out. Wouldnt be the end of the world if i snapped the old badge but hopefully i wont damage the black grill.

why did you buy a new black badge DAZ and not just paint your yours?
I painted the badge anthracite, and the the surround black to match the grill, did my rear audi badge too, but decided it looks better off

Just in case I dont like it black then i can quickly swop it over. It was only £13 so no major expense.

Hmm. grill badge just arrived but its got 10 clips not 9 or 12. Does anyone know for sure how many clips are on the 8p grill badge?

well, in the picture there are 12 circles, suggesting 12 clips. But if you actually count the number of clips visible in the photo there are only 10.

Just bit the bullet and swopped the badge to the black one. I can confirm there are 10 clips.

Sorry to bring back a dead post back to life but was really hoping on seeing these pictures as I want to take my badge off to spray it. Any chance of a re-upload?

Reactions: S3_NDJ