key help

cabriolet

Reaction score
hi all i have 1998 a3 , only have a normal key i have a 2 button remote key from a a3. with the number 8lo 837 231 a, only want it to unlock the doors have tried key in the ignition , lock doors push remote nothing happens , my mates gizmo says key is transmitting ,what am i doing wrong or is it the wrong key,or are all the key places in the module full ,anybody got any ideas

Assuming your car came with remote locking initially?

have full central locking and global off the door locks, the indicators also flash when locking, i think it should be any advice is good advice thanks in advance

Central locking can be fitted without remote functions tbh, you need to do 1 of 2 things, goto audi & get a checklist of what is fitted to your car, parts department can usually get this & should show if has remote or not or 2nd & probably best, get someone with vagcom to scan & check if they can see any key functions in measuring blocks. & try to code keys to car.

My S3 was late 99, that had full functions, but not sure of the early A3 if they were line specific, but tbh if they flash when locking then I suspect it has the feature.

cant thank u enough fella this has been bothering me a long time ,one last question would the information be on the build data sticker in the boot fella thanks again

cant thank u enough fella this has been bothering me a long time ,one last question would the information be on the build data sticker in the boot fella thanks again

yes it should be or in the sh book
theres a web page that lets you enter the codes and it tells you what they are
but i just cant find it