Strange haldex problem?

quattro1

Reaction score
Hey guys, my car has developed an odd and annoying problem.
Basically when im turning even a slight corner it feels like the rear wheels are dragging but have had a mate watch them and they arent? Also when the wheels fight for grip on the snow, it sort of sounds like the abs is kicking in? Could this be related? My car is a 99 tqs without esp!

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers :anbet:

:happy:Yeah i suspected it could be that so had a mate watch while i did a few 3 point turns and the rear wheels didnt lock up in the slightest theres just a lot of vibration from the rear, it doesnt do it with the haldx fuse removed so im guessing its not a diff problem, i just dont know where to start with diagnowing the problem lol, cheers for the link

how much did that cost you mate? did you have it done at audi?

cheers

just a quick update

did the oil and filter on the diff on tuesday, took it for a spin and was gutted to find that it handnt made any difference at all....about 20 miles later, its COMPLETELY sorted, doesnt do it what so ever now!!! thanks for the advice!!

tomorrows job - remove the rear coilover adjustable jobbys like you suggested!! might finally have an even ride height then!! lol

Ah that sucks! There is a small breather pipe on the diff that sometimes breaks, letting water in which is what kills the internals!